- Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that applies practical knowledge to make a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty. We use our extensive and long-term in-country presence to apply and adapt our top-notch expertise in agriculture, energy and WASH to local contexts. SNV has over 1250 staff in more than 25 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation that uses project financing to implement our mission. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence.
In its current Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for structural change and scale in its programmes, as well as bringing knowledge and initiatives from different programmes together at country level to contribute to systems’ change. We will continue to position ourselves as a learning organisation striving for excellence and invest in making knowledge flow to and from the frontline.
For more information on SNV, visit our website: www.snv.org
The interns will be part of cross functional project teams responsible for quality implementation of Projects from several donors.
The Finance Interns’ role within this team will be to provide support in the inventory and chronological archiving of project documents which includes and not limited to payment vouchers, updated the fixed Asset Register and other learning objectives will be set as may be required.
Working closely with Finance project team members and CFM, the intern is required to:
- Verify the existence of all expense documents recorded in the accounting software- SAP By Design.
- Assist reviewing partners expenditure documents.
- Assist in filing hard copies of the ZAR and NAPSA payments, declarations and related supporting documents, in identifiable file boxes for easy access
- Assist in filing of physical copies of payroll files chronologically by month and by year with all supporting documents
- Arrange the vouchers by project and by sequence of voucher numbers and file in archive boxes.
- Identify any shortfalls on the vouchers for updates (this can be missing documents, incomplete signature, etc).
- Print the electronic content and paste on the archive boxes for easy reference.
- Verify the inventory register and ensure that all the necessary information such as serial numbers, location, and condition of asset in the prescribed format available.
- Assist with spot checks of workshops/Trainings participants payments.
- Provide assistance during audits.
- Any other assignments
- A holder of a university degree in accounting, Finance, or a professional certificate or diploma in same field
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of Zambian language is desirable.
- Good knowledge and experience of bookkeeping is an advantage
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to work in a systematic manner.
- Good computer skills using MS Office, internet, and databases is an advantage.
- Should have good written and oral communication skills.
- Maintain Confidentiality.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.