Jobs at:Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA)
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 30, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a non-profit organization that creates and evaluates solutions to social and development problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners, investors, and donors. Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) Zambia seeks a qualified and suitable candidate to join the project team of the IPA Zambia office as a Field Manager.
The Field Manager will report directly to the research coordinator and the IPA management team. The Field Manager will be responsible for assisting all IPA activities related to the Seasonal Hunger in Zambia Project.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Assist the Research Coordinator in developing an action plan for data collection which includes logistics of survey implementation to ensure a timely and efficient data collection. This includes team composition and schedule; budgeting, travel logistics; data-quality plan; and spot-check plan.
• Hire, train, and manage the field teams that will conduct the data collection for all phases of the project.
• Assist in testing and piloting survey instruments for data collection.
• Supervise and monitor the quality execution of fieldwork and survey administration – ensure that all stipulated project deadlines are met.
• Manage field logistics and adapt field plans to changing conditions as necessary.
• Monitor the well-being of project resources, including field equipment (office, laptops, phones, etc.).
• Perform any other duties as assigned to you by the supervisor and management.
Desired Education/ Qualification and Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Social Sciences, Agriculture, Statistics, Public Policy, Demographics, or any other relevant field.
• At least one year of field management experience working on field-based data collection projects, training of enumerators, managing and coordinating project logistics.
• Excellent understanding of project management. Strong organizational, management and communication skills.
• Proficiency in the MS Microsoft Office package. Excellent command of Excel is required.
• Experience with electronic data collection platforms. Knowledge of SurveyCTO is a plus.
• Prior experience as an enumerator is desirable.
• Strong written and oral communication skills and complete fluency in English is required.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in Nyanja and Tonga. Bemba and other languages are a plus.
• Attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks and datelines efficiently and work effectively on a team.
• Flexible and proactive work ethic with a demonstrated interest in the vision and mission of IPA.
• Cultural awareness and sensitivity.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
1. Applications with detailed (CVs) must be sent by 4th September 2021.
2. The cover letter and CV must be ONE document, and the applicant’s name, position and NRC must be the document title. For example (John Tenthani Smith. Field Manager.101010.12.1)
3. Do not attach certificates and other documentation at this stage.
4. Please submit applications by uploading to this link: Field Manager Recruitment
If you don’t get feedback two weeks after the deadline, your application is unsuccessful. CVs will be reviewed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To apply for this job please visit ipastorage.app.box.com .