Fertilizer Market Analyst-Zambia
Jobs at:International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
Deadline of this Job:
05 June 2022
Within Zambia , Zambia , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AfricaFertilizer.org is an initiative led by IFDC, with support from partners such as DG, IFA, Argus, AFAP, FAO and IFPRI, aiming at collecting and disseminating fertilizer data, statistics, and information from Sub-Saharan Africa
Since 2010, AfricaFertilizer.org (AFO) objective is to provide timely and transparent information on fertilizers to the public and private sector. AFO has evolved from aggregating and disseminating existing market information on fertilizers to expanding the types of information available and also providing support to partners, programs and activities that increase the availability and quality of this information. The initiative encourages and coordinates partnerships and data-sharing mechanisms that provide information on fertilizer statistics and fertilizer market intelligence.
AFO has been working with Development Gateway, DG, under the VIFAA program (Visualizing Insights on Fertilizer for African Agriculture) to simplify and visualize fertilizer data to end-users through an interactive dashboard. The next expansion phase will run till 2024.
In this regard, AFO seeks to engage a Fertilizer market analyst for Zambia, who will serve as the key contact point for AFO activities covering market data and information compilation, reporting and partnership management.
The main tasks of the Fertilizer market analyst are to assist the AFO Project manager and in collaboration with the AFO team, to implement partly/wholly key activities such as:
• Collection and processing of fertilizer production, trade, and consumption data
• Facilitation of Fertilizer technical working group, (FTWG) statistics validation workshops
• Collect, analyze, and disseminate relevant fertilizer market information such as fertilizer business and product directories, production capacities, public and private tenders, policies, and regulations etc.
• Collection and reporting on fertilizer retail price and market comments monthly for one of AFO’s monthly publication (FertiNews)
• Coordinating fertilizer price collection in Zambia and whenever need arises, Beira trade corridor to landlocked countries
• Assist in updating and developing fertilizer cost chain build ups and process maps
• Building and strengthening/ managing partnerships with regional and national institutions, key industry partners, and stakeholders
• Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting on trends in international fertilizer production; procurement; trade; and consumption (by product and key crops) and how it affects the fertilizer market in Zambia.
• Monitoring and analyzing Zambia fertilizer market dynamics including key players; national distribution channels and hubs; product availability; and national pricing mechanisms
• Monitoring and reporting on national and regional fertilizer policy environments including national fertilizer laws; national subsidy programs; fertilizer quality regulations; and private sector participation.
• Supervise national short-term consultants as and when required and accommodated within the project scope.
• Identify possible fund-raising avenues for AFO and communicating this to the Program manager and business development team.
• All the above activities will result in the Zambia VIFAA dashboard
The Fertilizer market analyst will be supervised and report to the AFO Program manager or his designee.
Place of work
The Fertilizer market analyst will be based in Zambia, Lusaka, but should be available to travel within the country and in Africa when called upon to.
• Excellent writing, reporting and oral communication skills with good English language proficiency.
• Must possess deductive reasoning skills and be able to analyze and synthesize information for problem solving.
• Bachelors’ degree in agriculture, agribusiness, economics, or any relevant fields. Masters is an added advantage.
• Relevant work experience of 4-5 years in data management and analysis. Fertilizer specific data management desirable.
• Good networks with both the main private fertilizer companies as well as relevant Ministry officials (Agriculture/statistics etc.).
• Good knowledge of Fertilizer market in Zambia and by extension Southern Africa fertilizer industry and fertilizer products is mandatory.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.