EXPRESSION OF INTEREST: Translation of Manual into Local Languages
Deadline of this Job:
06 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-for-profit international development organisation founded in the Netherlands in 1965, with local presence in over 25 developing countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. SNV provides advisory services, knowledge networking and supporting advocacy in the agriculture, water, sanitation and hygiene and renewable energy sectors. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), SNV makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services.
Opportunities for Youth Employment (OYE)
As part of the OYE project aiming to improve the livelihoods and prospects of 10,000 youths of which 50% are young women by:
• Reaching out and improving employability and self-employment for young people,
• Contributing to longer term innovative ecosystem development (i.e., service and support hubs for youth self-employment) and conducive policies based on evidence-based results to enhance employment and income for youth in agriculture,
SNV requires Consultants (no more than 2 translations can be undertaken by the same Consultant) to translate a Basic Life, Business and Leadership Skills Manual into five (5) Local Languages; namely:
A professional and accurate translation from English to no more than two (2) of the five (5) Local Languages such that the meaning and understanding of all principles and analysis presented in the manual reflect their true sense.
The contracted Consultants are required to provide:
• Accurate translation from English to the selected local languages
• Ensure that the translation of text is technically, linguistically, and grammatically correct, error free and meets high quality standards, without requiring further editing after completion of the translation.
• Provide accurate and timely translation to the satisfaction of SNV standards.
• Observe confidentially and refrain from divulging any information about the content of the text.
• Return the original of the documents to SNV after completion of the services.
• Translation shall be done within the stipulated deadlines in your proposed methodolgy.
• Maximum percentage margin of errors per page should not be more than 2 %.
• Six (6) translated manuals submitted to SNV in both hard and soft copies and any other materials deemed appropriate by 15 November 2022.
• Must have a qualification and expertise in translation assignments
• Proven track record in carrying out of the similar work
• Expertise in youth employment/self-employment
• Track record on translating training materials especially related to youth programs
• Good understanding of energy and agriculture sector and how they can play a role in youth employment
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and suitable Consultants to submit their Expression of Interest and the following information via [email protected] email address before 06 August 2021:
• Summary of your experience on a similar capacity
• Outline the methodology (including periodic SNV reviews) you will use to deliver the said services
• The cost of delivering the services
• Cleary state the duration you will take for no more than two (2) of the five (5) translations, as outlined above
• Indicate the languages in which you are interested to conduct the assignment
For more information on SNV please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org