Executive Assistant – Research for Development
Jobs at:International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Deadline of this Job:
27 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment opportunities, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. For more information, please visit www.iita.org .
IITA is seeking to employ the services of fully qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill up the following positions at its Lusaka Station:
Executive Assistant – Research for Development – REF NO: SARAH/EA/02/2021
The Executive Assistant will perform a wide range of administrative and executive support under the direct supervision of the Regional Hub Director (Southern Africa).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains manual and electronic databases of administrative/project and donor records
• Provide administrative/secretarial/logistics support during meetings and workshops
• Facilitates in country and regional donor linkages and interactions
• Provide support for preparation of summaries, information and data for reports to IITA Headquarters, for use in discussion with government and other organizations
• Maintains Directors’ appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
• Responsible for management and organizing of various type of internal/external events such as meetings, workshops and conferences.
• Provide project expenditure monitoring support to the Director
• Ensures effective and efficient management of communication and confidential documents
• Responsible for external liaison, advocacy, public relations, and protocol.
• Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administration or similar qualifications; additional qualifications as Personal Assistant or Secretary are a plus
• 3+ years of proven work experience as an Executive Assistant or in a similar role
• Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
• Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum vitae and covering letter as One Document by email to [email protected] no later than 27th July 2021 . The applications should be addressed to the Regional Hub Administrator.
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted