- Company: DevTech Systems Inc.,
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services, Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, Gender and Youth, Security Transparency and Governance, and Energy and Environment.
Overview DevTech is seeking an Energy Specialist for the USAID/Zambia’s Business Enabling Project. The purpose of this project is to catalyze greater gender equality and inclusive private sector investment and trade in rural areas by strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable and gender balanced rural enterprises. The project will also support the creation of an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management.
Responsibilities The Energy Specialist, under the overall guidance of the Chief of Party (COP) while closely working with technical experts, will manage the implementation of the work plan activities related to the energy sector. S/he will provide coordination, technical and management support to project activities . The following responsibilities are included but not exhaustive:
- Collaborating closely with the COP to steer the technical direction and manage technical assistance activities and liaise directly with government and other counterparts.
- Providing technical assistance to expand access to electricity for households and businesses and improving electricity reliability and diversification of electricity generation sources.
- Lead and provide information and analyses towards the development of policy and strategies for the energy sector including issues on climate change, sustainable models for rural electrification, renewable energy, energy efficiency and other issues.
- Establish and ensure compliance with USAID policy and procedures.
- Oversee and manage all energy-related components of the project.
- Advanced degree in Business, Engineering, Energy-related field, or other relevant areas.
- At least 10 years of work experience in topics such as energy markets, regulatory policies, economic analysis and/or financing of energy systems, including sustainable energy programs.
- Experience in designing and facilitating government capacity building.
- Demonstrated experience operating and managing teams in developing country environments, including conducting technical activities.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience working in Zambia
- Good understanding of energy sector in Zambia.
- Private sector energy sector experience is an advantage.
EEO Statement NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.