- Company: Syngenta
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
- Secure Syngenta’s position in the related Business Area through securing our local Freedom to Operate (FTO) by leveraging reputation and driving the local implementation of Syngenta sustainable agriculture agenda.
- Leading the Regulatory responsibility in obtaining approval for Syngenta products in countries of responsibility (Zambia, Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, Madagascar and Mauritius) within agreed timelines.
- Secure Syngenta’s competitive edge through top-quality submissions and handling registration issues in an ethical, trustworthy way in cooperation with country authorities.
- Responsible for leading the regulatory team with a special focus on ensuring/growing team motivation and capability monitoring/development.
- Build and maintain excellent working relations with both internal and external key stakeholders.
- Business Responsibilities
- Carry regulatory product responsibility for all Syngenta products in the Southern Africa Business Area (SABA)
- Provide registration dossiers to agreed timelines according to procedures ensuring high quality and to a level of detail that enables smooth handling by the receiving authority
- Plan, achieve, maintain, and defend approvals/registrations (for new registration-NPIs, re-registration, label extensions and formulation changes) of Syngenta Portfolio in South Africa, Namibia and Botswana to the appropriate approval authority. Aiming to meet business objectives within agreed timelines and in compliance with local statutory requirements
- Manage product defence process to extend the product life cycle.
- Elaborate and implement meaningful Regulatory strategies for maintenance ais and NPIs, aligned with the BA, the BU and Syngenta overall strategy for sustainable crop protection.
- Liaise effectively with in-country regulatory authorities & Commercial and Development teams, colleagues in other geographies including HQ (EPR, Product Safety) and neighbouring Business areas to be fully aligned regarding the BAs business and regulatory strategies
- Ensure registration applications are progressed in an expeditious manner (i.e., prompt response to queries and provision of extra data when required)
- Accountable for management of information documentation in Syngenta regulatory databases (Veeva Vault, Project Planner) for allocated portfolio.
- Remain up to date with the latest regulatory matters, inform Business Sustainability functions at HQ and ensure current requirements are followed in product submissions.
- Analyze local and regional trends in Plant Protection Regulatory Affairs to make recommendations for improvements/changes for the countries within his/her responsibility
- Update relevant colleagues in the country organization on changes in registration deadlines, to keep annual and 5y-plans up to date
- Ensure BA organization’s awareness on competitor bans or registration problems to allow the business the opportunity to evaluate product and market gaps, which can be covered by Syngenta portfolio.
- Coordinate the work of the local Regulatory specialist for the artwork activities (warning text, SDS and UIN) of the team for newly registered and re-registered products on the Southern Africa BA in compliance with global standards and local standards
- Work with the in-country and regional Stewardship function to make sure that registration decisions and SYT standards are implemented.
- Active engagement and participation in the local Industry association SYT is part of (CropLife South Africa), to update promptly both the local and HQ Business sustainability organizations; and to develop and implement impactful actions in line with the Business Sustainability strategy.
Critical leadership capabilities
- Links overall AME Business Unit strategy to the business area commercial strategy
- Sets and communicates a clear vision of desired regulatory and business sustainability strategy
- Highly effective in a variety of communication settings: executives, direct reports, peers, clients, and authorities
- Gains commitment of key reports and stakeholders in a compelling way
- Encourages others to explore the positive aspects of embracing the change while listening and addressing concerns by aligning both hearts and minds
- Demonstrates patience for ambiguity and responds with the flexibility to new/changed situations
- Links individual efforts to bigger picture strategy and does not micromanage
- Ensures high quality of delivery by direct reports
- Actively monitors direct reports’ performance and provides timely feedback on progress
- Sets clear objectives and goals
- Supports development of direct reports and searches for learning opportunities across the organization
- Conducts development discussions and compelling development plans
- Coaches to release creativity and innovation
- Coaches people to connect across functions and boundaries
- Builds a network of colleagues in the department and other departments.
Minimum Education And Critical Knowledge Required For The Job
- A scientific degree in Ecology, Chemistry, Biology or Agriculture (Bachelor, Master or PhD)
- Proven registration activities experience
- Project management experience
- Proven relationship management capabilities
- Proven cross-functional working capabilities
- Proven experience in providing solutions to complex issues
- Proven communication, negotiation, influencing and analytical capabilities