- Company: We Effect
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
We Effect Is Recruiting A Country Representative For We Effect’s Country Office In Zambia
We Effect is a development organisation founded in 1958 by the Cooperative Movement in Sweden. We work in more than 20 countries in Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America, Africa. Our values are respect, transparency, and together. For more information, see www.weeffect.org.
We Effect Southern Africa consists of four countries with programmes in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Malawi. The Zambia Country Office employs six (6) staff and runs a country programme and projects within the thematic fields of sustainable rural development and adequate housing. The programme and projects are implemented through 17 local partner organisations engaged in policy advocacy and service delivery. The 2021 budget is approx. 4 million USD which is a 50% increase from 2020
As a member of the Regional Management Team, the Country Representatives shall actively contribute to the work and goals of the management teams.
The duty station for this position is at the Zambia Country office in Lusaka, Zambia. As Country Representatives, you report to the Regional Director at the Regional Office in Lusaka.
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
The main responsibilities include to
- Oversee the implementation of the Zambia Country Office strategy
- Overall management and administration of the Country Office including its staff and finances.
- Overall management of the Zambia Country Programme, resources, and projects.
- Oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning of all country programmes.
- Ensure that We Effect’s support to partner organisations adds value and is of the highest quality.
- Raise awareness about We Effect’s and partner organisation’s work
- Monitor and stay up to date on trends and developments on the right to food, agriculture sector and housing in Zambia.
- Ensure that We Effect and its partner organisations comply to grant agreements, We Effect policies, strategies and quality requirements.
- Actively promote networking, learning and knowledge exchanges.
- Mobilise resources to broaden and expand the funding base.
- Represent We Effect in Zambia.
You have several years of experience in managing operations and programmatic work within a civil society context or international development cooperation. As a leader, you are mature and value-based, with commitment, experience, and tools to support your staff to succeed in their roles. As Country Representative you must have an excellent ability to organise, plan, prioritise and communicate your work. You are a feminist with an excellent understanding of development cooperation in both its theory and practice and you are firmly rooted in the rights-based approach.
You share the organisation’s vision of a sustainable and just world for all, free from poverty.
- Master’s degree in Economics, Development Studies, Agriculture, Sociology or a related relevant field.
- Experience working in civil society organisations and international development cooperation including organisational development and advocacy.
- At least five years of experience working inmanaging operations and programmatic work of similar size within a civil society context or international development cooperation (preferably as a head of an office)
- In-depth experience from planning of operations and programmatic work, implementation, follow-up and reporting of development cooperation programs/projects.
- Proven experience in the application of and theoretical understanding of gender transformation or climate justice or rights-based approaches to programming.
- Excellent skills in financial management and budget analysis
- Excellent skills in strategic planning, implementation, and follow-up
- Strong oral and written communication skills, work well in a team, excellent deadline management and ease to work towards set goals
- Proficient in computer skills
- Experience from cooperative development work
- Knowledge of the national Zambian context
- Knowledge of the regional context