Consultancy Services to Undertake a Borrower's Procurement Audit for the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP)
Jobs at:Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Deadline of this Job:
25 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock
Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP)
Request for Expressions of Interest (Individual Consultant)
Consultancy Services to Undertake a Borrower's Procurement Audit for the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP) (Individual Consultant).
Loan No.: 2000200000602
Project Id No.: P-ZM-AAF-002
The Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock has received financing from the African Development Bank towards the cost of the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds of the loan to payments for the contract for the provision of consultancy services to undertake a Borrowers Procurement Audit of procurements undertaken using the Borrower Procurement System (BPS) on the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project
2. The objectives of the assignment are to:
(i) Verify the compliance and performance of procurement procedures and contract management with the provisions of the Financing Agreement (FA) and as reflected in the most recent approved ZAEDP Procurement Plan.
(ii) Verify physical and technical compliance of deliveries in relation with the disbursement rate; and to
(iii) Review the ZAEDP Executing Agency's procurement capacity to fulfil its fiduciary mandate.
3. Scope of the Audit
The Auditor shall tackle the fundamental aspects of the transactions made under ZAEDP and financed by the Bank, with respect to the provisions of the Zambia Public Procurement Act No. 12 of 2008 and Public Procurement Regulations, 2011, since the inception of the Project
The Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock now invites eligible Individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultants should provide detailed curriculum vitae demonstrating that they have the required qualifications, competence and relevant experience to undertake this assignment.
The selection procedure, eligibility criteria and establishment of the short-list, shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank's Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations, October 2015, which is available on the Bank's website at http://www.afdb.org
4. Required Qualifications, Experience and Technical Competencies
The candidate shall have the following minimum qualifications, experience and technical competencies:
Qualifications (20 points):
• Bachelor's Degree in Procurement/Contract Management related disciplines such as Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
• Master's Degree in Procurement, Purchasing and Supply. Business Administration, Social Sciences will be an added advantage
Experience (40 points)
• Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience in procurement and contract management with a minimum of 3 years' experience in public procurement audit;
• At least three (03) traceable references of past procurement audit assignments
Technical Competencies (20 points)
The candidate must be familiar with the Zambia's public procurement legal. administrative and institutional system Demonstrated experience working with the African Development Bank's Procurement Procedures or those of other Multilateral Development Banks Knowledge of the institutional technical and commercial aspects of procurement Organizing, work planning and scheduling skills and a good command of spoken and written English
5. The duration of the assignment is expected to be as follows:
The maximum duration of the Assignment is six (06) weeks and minimum of four (04) weeks.
The four (4) weeks will be divided as follows:
(a) Phase 1 - Preparation of the Assignment - Duration 1 week;
(b) Phase II - Actual Audit Execution - Duration 2 weeks, and
(c) Phase III - Drafting the Final Audit Report - Duration 1 week
6. Potential applicants may obtain further information including detailed Terms of Reference at the address below during the official hours from 08.00 to 17.00 hours (Monday to Friday).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
7. The Expressions of Interest clearly marked as “ Expressions of Interest for Provision of Consultancy Services to undertake a Borrowers Procurement Audit for the Zambia Aquaculture Enterprise Development Project (ZAEDP) ", must be deposited in the Tender Box at the address below or sent by email to: [email protected] with copy to [email protected] not later than Monday, 25 October 2021 at 10:00 hours, local time.
8. Late submissions shall not be accepted.
9. The address(es) referred to above are:
For Clarifications and Submission
Mr. Clement Mukuka
Head - Procurement and Supplies Unit
3rd Floor, Room 310
Ministry of Fisheries and Livestock,
P.O. Box 50060, Ridgeway
E-mail: [email protected]