Communications and Knowledge Sharing Officer
Jobs at:International Development Enterprises
Deadline of this Job:
20 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, May 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A four-year multi-country project with funding from Global Affairs Canada (GAC) through the Feminist International Assistance Policy, aimed at empowering women through agricultural value chains. It will apply the sector’s most recent learnings around women’s empowerment to close gender gaps and accelerate the creation of economic opportunities for women. This project will have two primary outcomes/ components:1) significant gains in women’s economic empowerment, and 2) global knowledge-sharing and results acceleration.
These main outcome pillars will be supported by 3 intermediate outcomes:
“bringing the market to women” i.e. creating access to the fundamentals necessary for their businesses to prosper
“bringing women to the market,” i.e. seeking to remove or mitigate the household, community, industry and regulatory barriers that prevent women from fully participating in the paid economy leverage impact beyond the life and scope of this project by generating insights on how to accelerate women’s empowerment to share with the broader sector.
• Project results will be achieved through performance-driven internal collaboration and complementarity with sister projects to create synergies in delivering shared results which include:
• Enhanced entrepreneurial capacities of intermediaries – 150 female and mixed Farm Business Advisors (FBAs) as providers of agriculture support services to increase women’s participation in agriculture development initiatives in 6 targeted districts in Central and Copperbelt provinces
• Established performance-based strategic partnerships with women empowerment organizations for gender sensitization, awareness and sustainable access to productive land (ownership and documentation)
• Improved access to appropriate technologies and means of production for 15,000 Women and Mixed groups (600 groups) as project primary beneficiaries; Women and mixed groups accessing appropriate technologies and improved business capacity.
• Women financial inclusion and integration of Village savings for change and loans activities in Women and Mixed groups. Increasing women farmers’ access to affordable and timely credit for production support
• Increased income opportunities for women by bringing markets closer. Increased capacities of female FBAs and Mixed FBAs to; participate in structured competitive markets, offer competitive aggregation services and train women and mixed groups in good postharvest practices and marketing.
• Increased access to affordable working capital / loans for women and mixed FBAs.
• Monitoring, Evaluating and Learning; interventions, strategies including pilots are detailed / documented to support structured learning, results measurement and reporting is evidence based and statistically qualified, structured and timely sharing of lessons learnt.
• The project is now inviting applications for the positions of:
Communications and Knowledge Sharing Officer
Location – Lusaka
The Communication and Knowledge sharing Officer will report to and work under the administrative supervision of the HTTG Project Manager.
1. Develop and manage integrated external communications with targeted audiences across all iDE Zambia projects.
2. Grow awareness of iDE Zambia through planned communications and marketing activities.
3. Provide support and coaching to iDE Zambia staff on collecting, documenting and sharing information about our methods and achievements.
4. Develop a strategic communications plan to collaboratively produce key publications – in electronic and printed mediums.
5. Manage vendors to produce high quality projects including photography, videography, and knowledge management documents.
6. Disseminate news worthy information (activities and results) with targeted audiences.
7. Develop media relations for purposes of enhancing the visibility / positive awareness of iDE Zambia among different stakeholders including donors, government and targeted beneficiaries.
8. Maintain our file organization system for the storage and retrieval of final publicity materials and working documents.
9. Ensure adherence of iDE Zambia communications to iDE Global communications and branding standards and practices.
10. Liaise with HQ Comms department, and collaborate with HQ Comms on Zambia-specific and global marketing projects.
• Minimum of a university degree or professional equivalent in public relations, marketing, or journalism with skills in managing marketing and administrative projects, with a good understanding of project management.
Experience, Skills and Attributes Required
• At least 5 years of experience in communications or public relations in the development sector
• Experience in production of effective PR material and management of PR events
• People management skills: coaching and mentoring skills, team goal structuring, and performance management skills
• Excellent reporting, presentation and negotiation skills
• Ability to work independently and meet strict deadlines as well as collaboratively with a team
• Ability to use a camera to take photos and video in the field
• Clear, concise, compelling writing
• Fluent in English
• Software Proficiency
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Basic understanding of Google Apps (Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Sites, Google Sheets, Google Drive, Google Calendar)
• Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop and InDesign
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
1. Application letter should be by e-mail with the CV as the only attachment.
2. Clearly reference the project and position you are applying for.
3. Only applicants with the necessary experience and qualifications should respond to this advert.
4. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply
5. Applications should be mailed to [email protected] by 20th May 2022.