- Company: Research Triangle Institute (RTI)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. As a not-for-profit, independent research institute based in North Carolina, USA, RTI has roughly 5,000 employees with global experience implementing international development projects. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world.
SG&R’s Water portfolio has delivered innovative, breakthrough solutions in key development sectors, including water sector governance, water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) services, economic livelihood development, community engagement, and institutional capacity building. Our work spans the Africa continent with a growing presence in South Asia.
RTI has recently been awarded the USAID-Zambia $20 million Expanding Water and Sanitation Project. The purpose of the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project is to professionalize WASH services, to promote accountability for reliable and high-quality WASH services, and to enhance the enabling environment for private sector engagement (PSE) in service delivery in underserved areas of Zambia (Northern, Western and Muchinga provinces). The period of award is five-years.
RTI is seeking a Chief of Party for the Expanding Water and Sanitation Project. The Chief of Party will be responsible for leading the overall project implementation, technical strategy, management, and execution of the project ensuring all project deliverables are met or exceeded within budget and in compliance with RTI and USAID rules and regulations. This position will provide project planning, oversight, leadership, and coordination. The COP will build and maintain strong and favorable client, partner, community, home office, and team relations. This position will be based in Lusaka with the need to travel to provincial areas throughout the program implementation period. The COP will directly report to RTI’s Home Office.
Local nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management of staff for successful implementation of the project within budget and compliance parameters.
- Lead overall project vision and strategy; manage overall project design and delivery;
- Ensure synergy across technical components of the project; ensure good team planning and coordination, deployment of resources and intra-team communication in support of project objectives;
- Lead technical meetings to ensure adaptive management and inclusion of guiding principles across all objectives.
- Oversee preparation and delivering high quality reports to USAID, including quarterly and annual reports, annual work plans, technical and financial reports.
- Ensure all contractual deliverables and reporting requirements are met and in compliance with contractual requirements and U.S. federal regulations.
- Provide overall leadership, strategic guidance, vision, and management to staff for successful implementation of the project, while maintaining financial accountability for all project activities.
- Build strong relationships and lead communication and collaboration with USAID and high-level stakeholders, such as ministries and regulators, other implementers, partners and local counterparts.
- Oversee performance monitoring and evaluation to ensure all governance project targets are met or exceeded – making recommendations for improvement in program implementation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years of experience, Master’s degree and 12 years of experience, PhD and 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing diverse, high-performing, multidisciplinary teams
- Knowledge of Zambian water sector context.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel and work in locations with difficult terrain/conditions at times.
- Proven ability to work under pressure, and with multiple concurrent demands.
- Proven ability to manage projects with satellite or remote offices and team members.
- Proficiency in English is required.
- Work experience in Zambia required.