October 7 2020
Lusaka , Zambia
Nathan is a leading provider of analytic and economic consultancy services worldwide. In the past decade, we have implemented more than 120 projects in more than 50 countries leveraging our global presence in Washington DC, London, and India. From improved transparency and deeper stakeholder engagement to more effective policies and more resilient businesses, we deliver results that impact economic growth, human development, and poverty reduction. We are passionate about applying our deep analytical expertise and advanced proprietary tools to generate economic solutions tailored to our clients’ unique challenges. Nathan focuses on a range of economic development subject matter areas including Trade & Logistics; Economic Policy & Governance; Private Sector Development; Women’s Economic Empowerment; and Financial Solutions.
We are actively looking for a Chief of Party (COP) to provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction for an anticipated USAID-funded business enabling environment project in Zambia.
Job Description :
- Develop and execute a successful program strategy to strengthen the business environment for rural enterprises in Zambia;
- Ensure an integrated vision among different components and actors;
- Liaise with USAID in a manner that builds trust in quality implementation and technical delivery;
- Oversee project implementation in a manner that focuses on local systems strengthening, local ownership, and a results-based approach;
- Identify issues and risks related to activity implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate adjustments; and
- Cultivate an effective project team focused on innovation, results, inclusion, and compliance.
- Formal training (Master’s degree at a minimum) and education in business administration, economics, law, public policy, finance or a related field;
- At least 10 years of experience in a senior management position with a demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team;
- At least 5 years of professional experience with a donor, contractor, international NGO, or government engaged on enabling environment programs or economic reform programs in transition countries, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English; and
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and navigate effectively with USG agencies, host country government officials, private sector stakeholders, and other donors.
- Clear command of and facility with engaging potential levers for business environment reform, including local, regional, national, and multilateral institutions;
- Familiarity with good regulatory practices and analytical approaches for promoting policy reform;
- Demonstrated expertise in enabling environment or policy reforms in agriculture, energy, ecotourism, natural resources management, or trade; and
- Equal comfort engaging stakeholders respectfully, whether in a farm field, a shop floor, or a corporate boardroom.
To apply for this job please visit www.nathaninc.com .