Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) Zambia Business Enabling Environment (BEE) Program. The five-year program will catalyze greater private sector investment and trade in rural areas by (i) strengthening select Zambian government and civil society organizations to implement improved and streamlined policies and processes for economically viable rural enterprises, and (ii) creating an enabling environment that incentivizes productive investments in trade, agriculture, energy, eco-tourism, and sustainable natural resource management. The Chief of Party will provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction of the program. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Develop and implement a program strategy focused on achieving results
- Foster and communicate a common vision and ensure its integration among the different components and actors of the program
- Serve as the key liaison between USAID/Zambia and all other counterparts and implementing partners involved in the program
- Ensure coherence, consistency, quality, and timely delivery of contract deliverables; ensure that monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and work planning activities accurately and professionally reflect program activities and achievements
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner, suggesting appropriate program adjustments
- Advanced degree in international development, business administration, economics, agriculture, or relevant field required
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience managing large teams, preferably as a Chief of Party or Deputy Chief of Party, for a complex donor-funded project
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading and supervising large, integrated economic growth, private sector engagement, enabling environment, investment, or trade programs
- Demonstrated track record of engaging a range of stakeholders to foster an inclusive business enabling environment that promotes private sector investment and trade in rural areas
- Strong interpersonal skills; adept at establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with U.S. Government agencies, host country government officials, and international donor agencies
- Demonstrated understanding of the business enabling environment in Zambia
- Experience working in southern Africa highly preferred, experience in Zambia a plus
- Fluency in English; strong written and oral communication skills
To apply, please submit your CV through this form, which can also be found here: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/49519b7ab67d4e8a9c697fb37607e41f. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an employer that does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job please visit app.smartsheet.com .