Transport & Logistics Manager
Jobs at:Forlan Logistics Limited
Deadline of this Job:
17 May 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, May 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Transport & Logistics Manager
Forlan Logistics Limited is a dynamic and progressive company looking to fill the position of Transport & Logistics Manager with the vision, passion and commitment to manage our Transport and Logistics business, including manpower, resources and clients/suppliers. In addition to oversee transportation policies, compliance and standards. As a successful hire, you will be tasked with the following.
• Align resource management (manpower and asset) strategy with business strategy across different business activities.
• Anticipate emerging transport operations parameters to determine future resource requirements.
• Overall Business Development and Load management according to set Targets
• Route Planning and load scheduling
• Build a culture of business process improvements that extend beyond project life cycle.
• Communicate importance of achieving cargo handling timeframe outcomes with efficient use of resources.
• Communicate importance of achieving transportation operation timeframe outcomes with efficient use of resources.
• Communicate key messages resulting from transport operation’s data analysis to key stakeholders.
• Develop the strategic positioning of transportation operation processes across freight forwarding operations.
• Engage senior management for buy-in to implement solutions identified.
• Formulate vehicle fleet management strategy across different plans.
• Identify strategic priorities of each specific transport link in development of plans.
• Influence stakeholders’ perspectives of requirements and activities.
• Manage overall transportation operations, including the transport of dangerous goods and chemicals.
• Motivate colleagues at organizational level to develop innovative solutions for driving change.
• Review areas in logistics operations where technology can enhance processes.
• Review better ways to approach problems through synthesizing and reorganizing the problem information.
• Review effectiveness of risk management plan and resources for transport execution.
• Review incident or crisis management plans to mitigate gaps.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Transport & Logistics Management, Business Operations, Business Administration, or relevant qualifications.
• Extensive knowledge of the transportation and Logistics industry with minimum 10 years experience of which 6 years should be at Managerial level.
• Excellent financial acumen
• Working knowledge of logistics and transport software
• Good people management and coordination skills
• Excellent geographical knowledge of Zambia, SADC, DRC, East Africa
• Fully Paid-up Member of The Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
• Skills and Competencies
• An analytical mind and good numeracy skills.
• Good intuition to make crucial judgment calls.
• Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
• Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving
• Firm grasp of business and management principles
• Able to speak English, Swahili, Arabic, Hindi/Gujarati
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Send your applications with detailed curriculum vitae and qualifications to [email protected] and [email protected] .Only those who meet the criteria to apply.
Deadline for receipt of Applications is 17th May 2022 by 17:00hrs