The Team Lead – Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) will support the RIGO System Strengthening Activity with USAID/Kenya and East Africa, to strengthen human and institutional capacity development (HICD) for regional intergovernmental organizations (RIGOs). This project will enable the RIGOs to fulfill their mandates, to provide leadership to the development agenda in the region, and to ensure the long-term sustainability of development programming.
The Team Lead – COMESA will serve as the primary liaison to COMESA and be based in Lusaka, Zambia where COMESA is headquartered.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day relationship with COMESA and leads Kaizen’s activities with the COMESA working group
- Assists COMESA in identifying and establishing the working group, integrating it into any existing institutional strengthening activities
- Manages relationships within COMESA to sustain buy-in for the strengthening activities.
- Facilitates the working group through all institutional strengthening activities, including reviewing existing assessments, implementing any additional assessments as necessary, developing and implementing performance solutions, and evaluating results of working group activities
- Serves as a resource, providing technical expertise across all RIGO partners and supporting the COMESA working group to successfully implement solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, International Development or other relevant field; Master’s degree preferred
- Significant experience (10+ years) with organizational development and performance improvement solution implementation
- Professional experience with COMESA or other RIGOs (IGAD, EAC) preferred
To apply for this job please visit kaizen.applytojob.com .