Brief Description: IBI is searching for a senior-level tax policy specialist for the USAID-funded Revenue Mobilization for Equity and Growth (ReMEG) Activity in Zambia. The activity is designed to help Zambia improve domestic revenue mobilization (DRM) and expand the fiscal space for public spending and investments in service delivery and poverty reduction. The activity will engage both government and non-government stakeholders to build capacity in tax policy analysis, improve tax compliance and administration, and strengthen the tax culture in a manner that facilitates private sector growth and accountability relationships between taxpayers and the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
- Develop and implement capacity development programs in the areas of tax policy impact assessments; revenue modeling and forecasting; targeted evaluations of tax incentives. These initiatives may include the development of policies and procedures, manuals, and training programs
- Provide technical support and guidance to strengthen coordination across GRZ institutions; implement the remaining parts of OECD tax base erosion and profit shifting initiatives; and examine the effectiveness of non-tax revenue collection.
· Capacity building and training experience in the aforementioned technical areas
· 10 years’ experience working on issues relating to tax policy, public administration, public financial management, or a related field.
· A bachelor’s degree in economics, public administration, public policy, or a related field
· 7 years of international consulting experience on donor-funded projects, with a preference for USAID experience in Africa and specifically Zambia
· Consulting experience working with Host Country Governments at the national and/or sub-national level, preferably with the GRZ
· Fluent in English
· An advanced degree in economics, public administration or a related field
· 10 years of international consulting experience, with 3 years or more of experience in Zambia
· Deep understanding of Zambian culture and politics as well as its legal and institutional frameworks for anti-corruption and sound public financial management
· Experience working with Zambia’s Ministry of Finance desirable.
To apply for this job please visit curawebservices.mindscope.com .