Khankhara and Company is a chartered accountancy firm based in Lusaka.
This is an interesting job if:
- You love the field of finance and enjoy working in a fast-paced, high growth organization.
- You are an excellent written and verbal communicator and able to support your findings and recommendations with clear arguments and persuasive, fact-based analysis.
- You are very detail-oriented and a quality enthusiast. You go the extra mile to make sure your work and other’s work is done with the highest quality standard.
- You’re not afraid of technology, learning new things or new ways of doing business. You are proactive in anticipating and resolving questions and challenges. You are continually learning new skills.
- You are a team player and enjoy collaborating with and helping others whenever or wherever needed. You take ownership, initiative and pride in your work.
- Dealing with various queries, assessments and tax audits.
- Meeting targets and quick resolution of tax matters.
- Help troubleshoot Account Manager client tax issues with the tax authority. Answer questions and resolve client’s tax problems.
- Assist in all tax matters: gather documents, serve as senior liaison to the Tax authority.
Tax Mentorship & Leadership:
- Serve as a mentor and advisor to more junior accounting and tax staff.
- Perform a 1:1 with direct reports and Tax Director once a week and report on findings/recommendations.
- Provide weekly updates to the Tax Director regarding tax process status/goals/delays/roadblocks.
- Attend weekly all hands meeting.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure Tax Team delivers on all tasks and queries in relation to indirect taxes, direct taxes and Excise.
Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- Completed ACCA or CIMA or in process of completing strategic professional level
- Five years experience working and/or liaising with the Tax authority .
- Appreciation of Income tax, VAT, WHT, PTT, and a good all round understanding of Zambian tax legislation.
- General appreciation of tax collection procedures
Method of Application
To apply for this job email your details to the email below: