Senior Programmes Officer
Jobs at:Alliance for Community Action
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job Title: Senior Programmes Officer
The position of Senior Programmes Officer is responsible for providing programmatic oversight to all ACA projects as implemented and contracted. The position has specific focus on providing full project cycle support to include planning, implementation, reporting and monitoring.
Specific Duties for this Role Include:
• Leading and supervising on contracted projects.
• Supporting the assigning of staff members to project activities
• Leading on scheduled reporting for projects
• Coordination of various projects to ensure timely execution of activities
• Leading the budget management for projects to ensure adherence to project specific partner financing regulations, ACA financial guidelines and general finance best practice.
• Leading and supervising the ACA’s Fact checking Unit with emphasis on meeting project targets.
• Leading the community mobilization aspect where present in ACA work
• Training project beneficiaries
• Full participation in organisational monitoring and evaluation
• Contributing to ACA consultancy work as part of organisational fund raising and as overseen by ACA policy on private/consultancy work
• Representing the ACA in media appearances
• Representation of ACA at local and international meetings
• Administrative support for other activities in the organisation as requested.
Reports to The Head of Programmes or Executive Director
Job function: To be the main implementation, monitoring and evaluation lead of all ACA projects.
• Strong project management and supervisory skills
• Good training skills in social accountability (Public Service Accountability Monitor – PSAM qualification is an added advantage)
• Strong budget management skills
• Strong proposal writing skills including draft budget formulation
• Good media interaction skills
• Driving experience of at least 2 years
The ACA offers market competitive remuneration rates commensurate to skills and tasks in each position of work.
All contracts are agreed with staff prior to commencement of duties
While the ACA operates on the traditional 08-17hrs working day, this role occasionally requires working outside the standard timeframe to meet urgent deliverables including, project proposal and report writing.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]