Risk Management Consultant
Jobs at:Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2022
Within Zambia , Kabwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The Company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is freight-bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders. The Company therefore seeks the services of committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian nationals to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Risk Management Consultant
Directorate: Managing Director’s Office
Supervisor: Managing Director
To consult with in all risk management activities of the organisation and ensuring compliance with internal policies, relevant contracts/agreements, and all legal and regulatory requirements in accordance with an internal compliance plan.
Statement Of Duties
This is a Senior Management position in the Company, reporting administratively on a day-to-day basis directly to the Managing Director and functionally accountable to the Chairperson of the Risk and Audit Committee of the Zambia Railways Limited Board. The duties of Risk Management Consultant in ZRL shall be, but not limited to:
1) Risk Management:
• Undertaking the business risk analysis anddocumenting the results.
• Developing, maintain and reviewing the Risk Register.
• Performing the controls assessment.
• Undertaking risk management projects, as required
• Developing and reviewing relevant risk management documents.
• Communicating and promoting required risk management activities and initiatives to the Risk and Audit Committee, Internal and External Auditors and Management
• Grade 12 certificate with five (5) “O” Levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English
• Bachelors’ Degree in Finance, Engineering, Legal, Commerce, Economics, Risk or equivalent.
• At least five (5) years of relevant experience in a senior position in risk and compliance environment.
• Membership to a relevant professional body.
• Institute of Risk Management Zambia (IRMZ) membership shall be an added advantage.
Key Result Areas
• Governance and compliance philosophies, policy, and management practices.
• Innovative and strategic thinking skills.
• Report writing dealing with detailed, complex and technical concepts.
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures.
• Interpretation of legislative and professional standards.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, and details of three (3) traceable referees with their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 6 January 2022 to both email addresses [email protected] & [email protected] .
Applications must be addressed to:
Director Human Resource and Administration
Zambia Railways Limited
1st Floor Shitima House, P. O Box 80935 KABWE
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted