Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
29 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, July 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining all Quality and Food policies and procedures. Responsible for the day to day management of the Quality Assurance team including training and development of QA staff and clear identification of objectives to meet the company needs. Managing quality and safety standards of food products and food manufacturing.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
• Ensure that food products meet standards set by both their companies and regulatory authorities.
• Develop and review quality and safety policies and manage audits by third-party inspectors. Managers may train quality assurance employees and oversee manufacturing and production processes.
• Train plant employees on Quality Assurance and Food Safety Management
• Ensure all current certification requirements are met as well as the addition and/or compliance of any new required certification.
• Keeps up to date with relevant international and Zambian food quality and safety regulations
• Maintain the Quality Management Food Safety (QMFS) system
• Ensure the food quality and safety procedures outlined in the QMFS are communicated to all necessary personnel and correctly implemented
• Review and approve monitoring activities to ensure food safety parameters are met
• Authorize product release as it pertains to food safety
• Work with senior management on the development and revision of policies and procedures as they pertain to food quality and safety
• Complete audit checklist and is responsible for the completion of any corrective actions issued
• Interact with regulatory personnel, food safety auditors, and customers to maintain positive and responsive relationships and ensure rapid corrective actions through dynamic leadership and timely documentation
• Take the lead in annual management reviews- any changes made and verifies their compliance with food safety and quality standards.
• Review customer feedback and respond to any complaints. Managers prepare reports on food quality status to relay to owners and upper-level management and may keep records of all tests and inspections that have been conducted.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Good Analytical Skills
• Critical Thinking Skills
• Strong Supervisory, Communication, Training, and interpersonal skills
• Very detail-oriented
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Good organizational skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Food /Quality Assurance Management or related field
• Must have a minimum of 7-10-year experience in Quality Assurance and Food Safety Management
• Proven experience in the Zambian Food Safety Regulations
• Vast experience in Food Safety and Laboratory Management Systems
• Must be knowledgeable about all food safety standards that are customary within the food industry and mandated by government regulations.
• Must be familiar with the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) management system required by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the standards set by the Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI).
• Must have good working relations with Government Agencies (i.e. ZABS & ZCSA)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Internal Audit, PCQI, HACCP, and SFQ Practitioner certification preferred
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] and copy in [email protected]
Note that , all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Do not send certificates at this stage