Programme Officer for Gender Equality
Jobs at:Local Government Association of Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
30 December 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the direction of the Executive Director, supervised by the National Project Coordinator (NPC) and in coordination with other project staff and partners, the Program Officer for Gender Equality (POGE) is responsible for the coordination, implementation and monitoring of assigned project activities as described in the Annual Work Plan. The POGE will primarily be responsible for the women’s leadership in municipal governance activities. The POGE will maintain effective partnerships with local governments, CSOs and WROs, and other stakeholders and ensure the successful implementation of project outcomes.
• Works closely with the project team including Gender Equality Advisor and Technical Advisor – Local Governance to ensure the implementation of program strategies and activities that strengthen the capacity of local governments, women’s networks and civil society actors;
• Contribute to the development of the annual work-plan for the country in collaboration with the country team;
• Coordinate the implementation of the assigned activities, particularly the women’s leadership in municipal governance activities, as set out in Annual Work Plans following project procedures, formats and templates;
• Establish and maintain relationships with local government officials, civil society actors and other stakeholders to ensure the successful achievement of project outcomes;
• Assist the NPC to support Canadian municipal volunteers during their capacity building missions;
• Ensure the collection of M&E data and contributes to written reports and the creation of Knowledge Products;
• Participate in the annual Project Advisory Committee meeting;
• Engage 100% of working time allocated in the PMI-WILL project.
Qualifications and experience
• A degree in gender equality, public administration, project management, local government, urban and regional planning, international development or other related field.
• A minimum of three (3) years of professional experience promoting women’s leadership and gender equality preferably in the local government sector.
• Excellent understanding and application of gender equality and inclusion approaches.
• Experience in delivering capacity development or international projects, preferably planning, implementing, budgeting, monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in facilitating meetings and consultations in a participatory, inclusive and gender responsive manner.
• Good oral and written communication skills in English. Fluency in French will be an added advantage
• Good information and communication technologies (ICT) skills, including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, power Point, Internet, email and ability to use a variety of on-line platforms (e.g. Teams, Zoom, etc.).
• This position involves frequent travel locally and occasional international travel, therefore ability to travel is a requirement.
Location. The Officer will be based in Lusaka
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Written applications with CV’s should be sent via e-mail to the address below by close of business on 30th December 2021.
The Executive Director
Local Government Association of Zambia
E-mail: [email protected] &
cc: [email protected]
Kindly note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
NOTE: Anyone who is looking for a job should not engage in any monetary transactions with any source that promises them an interview or a job offer from an employer