Program Finance Officer (NGO)
Jobs at:Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
Deadline of this Job:
08 January 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, December 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Christian Blind Mission is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
The Program Finance Officer will be responsible for administering efficient and effective finance and operations management of CBM Zambia Projects. Work with partners and ensure consistent application of accounting principles and standards, observing CBM controls, timelines and compliance with regulatory requirements, tax policies and procedures.
• Monitor Progress of CBM project implementation according to planned budgets and activities
• Monitor program activities according to the requirements of international donors (i.e. BMZ, Scottish Government etc.)
• Provide training on financial administration to CBM’s partners/projects when required.
• Maintain communication with project partners regarding programmatic/financial matters.
• Effectively supervise the management of assets recording, stocks and inventory of projects at the Project level.
• Ensuring efficient and effective finance and operations practices for the CBM Zambia Projects and Partners.
• Ensuring that the Partners submit timely and quality Project Progress.
• Ensure partners receive their project funds in good time.
• Reports as per agreed reporting schedule, annual audit and financial statement reports
• Monitor partners accounting systems and records, and ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems, documentation and reports.
• Support projects with setting up bank accounts as per CBM guidelines.
• Ensure that internal control procedures and donor regulations are adhered to for all cash and bank disbursements, receipts, transfers and include appropriate backup of supporting documentation.
• Assist in creating, revising, updating and participating in monitoring financial related policies and procedures as directed by the Finance Manager and Regional Hub Finance, Operations & Administration.
• Support Partners with any budget changes that may occur during the duration of the project as directed by the Finance Manager
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Degree in Finance, and Accounting, or any other Finance related qualification
• Professional qualifications in accounting will be an advantage (ACCA, CIMA or CA Zambia)
• Must have a minimum of 3-4+ years’ work experience in a similar field, particularly with international NGOs or international development organization
• Perform all tasks in a confidential manner
• Must be Fluent in English (professional proficiency)
• Fluency in any of the Major local languages will be an added advantage (Nyanja, Bemba & Tonga)
• Must have Advanced skills with MS Office
• Must be familiar with accounting software packages
• Knowledge in MS Navision and MS Share-point solutions is an advantage
• Must be a Certified member of ZICA
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The future job holder will adhere to CBM’s values and commit to CBM’s Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy. CBM encourages persons with disabilities to apply for this position.
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to: [email protected] then copy-in [email protected] & [email protected]
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 21 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
NOTE: Anyone who is looking for a job should not engage in any monetary transactions with any source that promises them an interview or a job offer from an employer.