Title: Programme Director
Reporting Unit/Supervisor: Country Director
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Travel: Up to 50%, frequent local travel
TechnoServe is a leader in harnessing the power of the private sector to help people lift themselves out of poverty. A non-profit organization operating in 29 countries, we work with enterprising men and women in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. By linking people to information, capital, and markets, we have helped millions to create lasting prosperity for their families and communities. With over 50 years of proven results, TechnoServe believes in the power of private enterprise to transform lives. TechnoServe has been active in Zambia since 2010. We design, manage and implement programs that have responded to specific needs of the population, particularly around food processing, business strengthening and development, and analysis and support in key value chains.
In partnership with the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida), TechnoServe is preparing for a 3-year intervention, Food Enterprises for a Developed Zambia (FED). The intervention aims to improve the efficiency, profitability and growth of food processing SMEs and contribute to a stronger and more inclusive sector in the country.
TechnoServe is seeking a Programme Director for the FED Programme. The Programme Director will have overall responsibility for programme leadership, direction and management; lead reporting and engagements with Sida; maintain existing relationships with government ministries and agencies, other donor programmes and relevant associations such as the Zambia Development Agency (ZDA), Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) as well Zambia Association of Manufacturers (ZAM) and others.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Oversee implementation and management of the FED Programme
- Accountable for delivery of activities and outputs toward achievement of targeted outcome / goal;
- Lead the development and execution of the annual work plans Set annual targets, develop and execute to annual work plans, implement M&E plan, lead course correction if needed;
- Manage the FED Programme country team, including a technical team of Food Technologists and Business Advisors, as well as an administration team;
- Report to TechnoServe Country Director and funder on programme progress;
- Manage project to budget with robust planning and monitoring, including gender integration;
- Represent programme at local and global stakeholder level; and
- Ensure that all processes and activities adhere to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations, and corporate and donor standards;
- Advanced degree in Agricultural Economics, Food Science, Business Administration or other relevant field;
- At least 10 years’ relevant project management experience (e.g., international SME development programmes, private sector agro-processing);
- Sida project management experience is desirable;
- Experience living and working in Zambia or other similar geography in Africa;
- Strong market orientation, entrepreneurial and innovative thinker;
- Experience leading and managing high caliber multicultural teams, preferably some experience with managing remotely;
- Experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary, and challenging field operations in developing countries, Africa preferred;
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving, consensus building, and coordination of stakeholders;
- Verbal and written fluency in English essential with demonstrable capacity to produce high quality reports; and
- Previous successful experience mentoring and building capacity of staff and highly results driven
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history. Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted. No phone calls please.
TechnoServe is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com .