Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
This is a 2 year fixed term role to be based in Lusaka Zambia.
What we are looking for in the person is the following:
- Academic degree in a relevant area for this position.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- At least five years of experience in managing complex programs.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of implementing a governance program, preferably focused on budget or generally social accountability -ideally built on mature understanding of relevant issues derived from experience.
- Excellent financial management skills, with experience of project budgeting and controlling financial risks.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing the Gender responsive programme, especially gender responsive budgeting.
- Proven record of involvement in design and/or implementation of approaches, tools and methodologies that foster inclusive governance at national and sub-national levels.
- Good understanding of Zambia’s public policy processes including budgeting and citizen engagement desired.
- Knowledge of and possible experience with approaches involving impactful youth and innovative programming and working with activists.
- Strong program management and quality knowledge, with ability to ensure consistent quality against standards and to implement effective monitoring and evaluation systems to assess and adjust performance.
- Proven experience with proposal development and with donor funding environment.
This role will give you an opportunity to make a difference in Zambia, to act as key contributor to the Just Economies pillar. We offer training and development opportunities, offers fair pay and competitive benefits package based on national conditions and terms.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme . In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 21 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.
In response to Covid-19 if you are offered a role where you are required to travel between countries please ensure you have been briefed by the Hiring Manager about any changes to working or precautions you should take as part of your role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.oxfam.org.uk .