Procurement and Grants Intern
Jobs at:DAI Global LLC
Deadline of this Job:
21 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, April 15, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Procurement and Grants Intern
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Project (Local Impact) is helping Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program is engaging national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of partner provinces and districts to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity is specifically working toward three objectives:
• Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
• Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
• Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
Local Impact is initially working in eighteen districts in Central and Muchinga Provinces to expand the capacity of district authorities to perform core functions, including strengthening the delivery of essential services, deepening citizen and private sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, improving public administration and public financial management, and increasing locally generated revenues. The Project is recruiting for interns in the following:
Position: Procurement and Grants Intern
Period of Performance On/About (From-To) May 15, 2022- October 24, 2022
Maximum Level of Effort: Six months
Base of Operations: Lusaka office, with possible travel to field offices as required
Position reports to: Procurement Manager & Grants Specialist
1. Role’s Purpose
The Procurement and Grants Intern will support the procurement and grants unit operations and documentation such as updating files and templates to ensure timely delivery of grants and procurements to its partners. The Procurement and Grants Intern will work under the supervision of the Procurement and Grants Specialist and will be trained on the USAID and DAI processes surrounding Procurement and Grants management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assists the Procurement and Grants unit with documentation, updating files and templates.
• Tracks, monitors and shares Procurement and Grants information with Local Impact team.
• Records and files all incoming Procurement and Grants submission and applications.
• Supports the Procurement and Grants Unit with data entry.
• Supports with filing of Procurement and Grants files.
• Other duties as required
Internships are on a voluntary basis, and no monthly salary is provided. Interns will however receive a transport and lunch allowance.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
• Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a bachelor’s economics, finance, or accounts.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills as well as analytical skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft suite of programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
• Professional level skills in both oral and written communication.
• Ability to communicate clearly in English.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected] by 17:00hrs on Tuesday April 21, 2022. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted.
DAI Global LL Inc. celebrates and embraces diversity, respects cultures in which we work, and treat everyone, everywhere with professionalism and dignity. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourage qualified candidates to apply irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic background, including persons with various disabilities, to apply and become a part of the organization. Women and People living with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.