- Company: WVI
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Position: People & Culture Assistant, Recruitments (temporal for minimum 3 months)
Reporting to: People & Culture Manager, Recruitment and Industrial Relations
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Purpose of the Position: In collaboration with the Recruitment and Industrial Relations Unit, ensure that all vacancies are filled up with capable and available staff promptly and properly in line with the recruitment policies, local labour laws, and acceptable standards to contribute to the Child wellbeing outcomes.
- Obtains sign-off for staff requisitions by People and Culture Director, ensuring that requisitions are properly completed and approved.
- Prepares Job advertisements based on current job profiles for both internal and external job sources.
- Facilitate the shortlisting of candidates, pre-screening of candidates, and organizing of interview meetings.
- Organise and conduct interviews, and conduct reference checks including Blocked Party Screening
- Communicates with interviewers and candidates to schedule interviews at a mutually convenient time, and communicate to unsuccessful candidates.
- Support the onboarding and orientation of new employees
- Ensure relevant policies, and documentation is read and signed off by new employees.
- Support contract administration and liaise with Total Rewards Unit to ensure that payments are made correctly and timely.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports on activities undertaken and perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Human Resources Management or Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource/Business Studies/Public Administration or its equivalent
- Must be a Member of the Institute of Human Resources Management
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in Human Resources Management preferably as a recruiter in an NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Must have excellent communication, facilitation, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Must have strong technical skills with practical experience in recruitment processes
- Ability to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, flexible worldview, and emotional maturity and must be a mature Christian.
- The candidate must be willing to start work immediately.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply; ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.