Officer – EGP
Jobs at:Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA)
Deadline of this Job:
31 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia Public Procurement Authority (ZPPA) a body corporate and responsible for the regulation of public procurement in Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for appointment into ZPPA’s establishment for the following positions:
Job Title: Officer – eGP, ZPPA 06 (1 Position)
To effectively provide support to the e-GP system users. The Officer will be responsible for providing procurement support related to the performance of various tasks by users on the e-GP system and customer service.
Statement of Main Duties
Under the supervision of the Senior Officer-eGP the officer will be responsible for, but not limited to the following:
• Receive and respond to client queries and run diagnostic tests to determine solution and advise users accordingly;
• Handle grievances raised by system users in relation to the e-GP system procurement related issues;
• Ask questions to determine nature of problem and walk clients through problem-solving process;
• Respond to queries and advise clients on how to create system profiles, tenders, notices and other related matters on the e-GP system;
• Manage all aspects of the e-GP-related operations including user administration and training support;
• Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on queries raised by clients and present them to supervisor for further action; and
• Performs other lawful duties assigned by superior from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
• Education: Full Grade 12 Certificate with at least five (5) credits or better including English and Mathematics.
• Vocational or Professional Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Purchasing and Supply or CIPS Graduate Diploma
• Relevant Post Qualification Experience: Minimum two (2) years’ experience in procurement.
Other Skills and Requirements
• Good writing and ability to communicate effectively with staff, clients and other stakeholders in order to provide support on the e-GP system;
• Ability to comprehend system reports and prepare reports;
• Customer Service oriented; and
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS) with current practicing certificate.
Tenure : The position of Officer-eGP is on permanent and pensionable basis.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should comprise an application letter, curriculum vitae, certified copies of bachelor’s degree, Grade twelve (12) certificate which is Examination Council of Zambia Certified and any other relevant certificates. Applications should be addressed to the:
Zambia Public Procurement Authority
Stand No. Sub J-11790
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Longacres
P O BOX 31009
Candidates MUST download and fill in the Profile Summary Form placed on the website and email it together with other documents to [email protected] . Please indicate the position being applied for in the subject line and sign-off the application letter for employment. The size of your attachments should not exceed 10 Megabyte. Only applications sent via email will be considered.
The closing date for receipt of applications will be Tuesday, 31st August, 2021 at 17:00 hours and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.