Mine Surveyor – Intern
Jobs at:Barrick Gold Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
04 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lumwana , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, July 23, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Mine Surveyor – Intern
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Survey
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for highly committed and qualified individuals to be considered for the position of Mine Surveyor – Intern.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Survey, you will be involved in the daily survey tasks and related activities and ensuring that the survey quality plan is implemented, and appropriate survey control and integrity of data is maintained. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Carry out survey data analysis on survey data
• Maintain the integrity of the survey computer directories and records of all tiles in the survey database
• Set out of all mine design and geological requirements which includes preparation of set out plans for alt designated stall to utilize
• Carry out stockpile surveys on a regular basis for accurate stockpile volumes to be calculated at the end of each month
• Carry out pit surveys on a regular basis for accurate bench and total volumes to be calculated at the end of each
• Participate in the preparation of yearly mining plans to be submitted to the Zambian Mines department
• Monitoring of wall instability in pit, dumps, dams and all structural deformations with accurate reporting on required basis
Experience & Qualifications
• Minimum Grade 12 School Certificate
• Must be a recent graduate from a recognized learning institution
• Degree in Mine, Geomatic, Land or Engineering Surveying
• Good communication Skills
• Willingness to Learn
• Attention to detail.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .