Manager Procurement And Supplies
Jobs at:Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL)
Deadline of this Job:
06 January 2022
Within Zambia , Kabwe , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Zambia Railways Limited (ZRL) is a national Railway of Zambia. The Company specialises in transporting heavy cargo in the Southern African Development Community (SADC), as well as running a local passenger train service. The area of product specialization is freight-bulk cargo and passenger rail services to the satisfaction of all Stakeholders. The Company therefore seeks the services of committed, vibrant, innovative, and strategically focused and business oriented Zambian nationals to fill the vacant positions below:
Job Title: Manager Procurement And Supplies
Supervisor: Managing Director
Purpose Of The Job
To develop and implement procurement and storage strategies to ensure the availability of goods and services for the ZRL’s operations in compliance with the ZRL and Public Procurement Policies.
• Develop ZRL’s annual Procurement Plans in accordance to approved budgets.
• evelop and check compliance of the company to procurement and stores procedures.
• Prepare programs and budget for procurement and stores activities and maintains budgetary control for approved departmental budgets.
• Monitor the execution of the procurement plan with respect to budget and lead times.
• Monitor contractor/suppliers’ performance
• Monitor the storage of ZRL’sinventory to ensure availability, safety, and optimum whole life.
• Review stores systems and procedures to ensure that they meet or respond to any changes and
• Provide professional advice to ZRL on procurement and stores matters.
• Identify the training needs of staff in the department and facilitate appropriate capacity building.
• Grade 12 certificate with five (5) “O” Levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English Language
• Graduate Diploma obtained from Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply obtained from a recognised Institution
• Not less than five (05) years of relevant experience in senior position in procurement management in an organisation of similar size in operations.
• Practical experience in Public Sector Procurement with customer centric positive cultural attitude shall be a definite advantage.
• Proof of Full Membership with Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply (ZIPS).
• Experience in regulatory procedures.
• Sound judgement and ability to analyse situation and information
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
• Master’s Degree in a business or Procurement and Supply related field from a recognised University is an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications, and details of three (3) traceable referees with their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 6 January 2022 to both email addresses [email protected] & [email protected] .
Applications must be addressed to:
Director Human Resource and Administration
Zambia Railways Limited
1st Floor Shitima House, P. O Box 80935 KABWE
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted