The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Monthly preparation of salaries and wages
- Prepares master payroll, bank list, and pay statements for approvals
- Transmits salaries to banks electronic transfer system after executive approvals
- Ensures payment to employees of wages and salaries in accordance with company deadlines
- Prepares general ledger journal vouchers for payroll costs
- Checks the correctness of payroll journal vouchers for posting into the general ledger
- Submits journal vouchers for posting in accordance with company deadlines
- Prepares statutory and third party payments
- Ensures that all statutory payroll obligations and third party payments are remitted to the relevant authorities in time to avoid penalties
- Reconciles of allocated payroll accounts
- Keeps custody of all payrolls and salary particulars received from Administration and human resources
- Monitor spayroll master file for any retirements and expiry of contracts for purposes of advice to Human Resource department
- Checks correctness of payments of terminal benefits to all outgoing employees
- Advises on issues/ procedures that may improve the efficiency of the payroll section
- Checks all staff payments
- Prepares of payroll input for budget and forecast
- Assesses employees eligibility to staff loans & advances by accurately calculating employees commitments against the would be take home pay.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must
- Tertiary accounting qualification ZICA/AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- Minimum of three (3) years financial accounting experience
- Payroll System and Accounting training.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply:
Please indicate the job title in the subject of your e-mail and use your full name and the job title you are applying for as the filename of your application. Application should consist of your letter and CV only, in a single document. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: