Management Associate (ICT)
Jobs at:United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Zambia
Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UNDP Zambia is strategically repositioning its country programme implementation based on emerging opportunities and UNDP’s comparative advantages that maximizes partnerships, resource mobilization and impact in keeping with UNDP’s mandate and its current Country Programme Document (CPD) covering the period 2016 – 2021 and embarking on the next programme cycle to support the Government of Zambia through its 8th National Development Plan (8NDP). In addition, the review of the programme portfolio also showed a pressing need to recalibrate the programme implementation in Zambia through a more integrated vision aligned with the current CPD, the six (06) signature solutions of the current Strategic Plan and the RBA’s strategic offer and where UNDP will fully play its integrator role for accelerating the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Zambia.
As the development world and UNDP Zambia move into 2020, defined as the Decade of Action, with only 10 years left to achieve the SDGs, it is more pressing that UNDP Zambia revisits its approach to programming to ensure both it continues to explore new ways of optimally supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) to achieve the objectives set out in both Agenda 2030 and the 7th National Development Plan (7NDP) using a strategic approach to planning resulting in an efficient and effective delivery of the Country Programme to promote sustainable human development.
Against this backdrop and building upon the lessons learnt over the past months, UNDP Zambia is strengthening its programme and management advisory structures unit supporting both Programmes and Operations Clusters under the direct supervision of the Senior Management of the office to leverage innovate approaches, embrace the digital transformation of UNDP Zambia through the introduction of ICT tools using existing corporate platforms, enhancing the clientele services across the office and enabling integrated synergies between all department and units.
Under the overall guidance of the Operations Manager, the Management Associate (ICT) reports to the Management Analyst for the provision and development of digital and ICT tools on all matters related to internal control systems, business processes, digital transformation, clientele service improvements and enhancements, support to the Senior Management in both Programme and Operation areas. S/he supports the Management Analyst in spearheading the Support to the Senior Management in ensuring integrated approaches to programme implementation, efficient management of cross-unit initiatives, strengthening of internal controls, development of innovative business processes and fostering a digital culture across the office.
Scope of Work
1) Support to the management, revision and development of the CO online tools, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Develop online applications as solutions to business problems (demand-based) that address the needs of sharing experience and expertise;
• Maintain and further develop existing UNDP online presences including intra-, extra- and internet parts;
• Develop new or revise existing web-based tools/systems as requested by the different teams;
• Manage software development projects for new tools/systems and updates of old tools/systems including needs assessment, project management, assuring compatibility with the existing platform, standards, guidelines and procedures for the office technology environment;
• Prepare internal policies and procedures on the use of websites;
• Interpret user requirements and translate these into systems specifications;
• Provide technical support and assistance to the CO personnel and project in the sphere of web development, content management and related areas;
• Ensure data security and consistency of online applications;
• Monitor and analyze the pattern of visits to the relevant sites, keep statistics on the number of hits to each of them and present a monthly report on his/her findings;
• Ensure technical documentation for tools is in place.
2) Support the office digital transformation, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Assist the digitization and digital transformation of the office in close collaboration with the Information Communication Technology (ICT) unit;
• Assist the rollout of new systems and automated and enhanced tools to streamline, optimize business processes and improve the office’s overall performance;
• Support the identification of areas of improvements and provide advisory services to the Senior Management to continuously improve its operations and the implementation of the Country Programme.
3) Support to an effective knowledge management in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
• Support the Management Analyst for the initiation and formulation of ICT-related aspects of KM platforms, programmes, policies, strategies, tools and/or materials;
• Liaise with partnership institutions on ICT for development programs and materials and with national authorities on ICT policies, strategies and programs;
• Identification of opportunities and ways of converting business processes into web-based systems to address the issues of efficiency (office management system, knowledge management systems);
• Organize training for relevant staff related to the usage and facilitation of the websites.
4) Perform other official duties and special assignments which may be requested by the supervisor.
Minimum Academic Education
• University Degree in ICT, Computer Sciences, Engineering or Development Studies, Business Administration and/or relevant Social Science with ICT certification.
• Minimum years of relevant Work experience
• 3 years of experience in ICT and/or information systems and knowledge management, preferably in a strategy, business development, consulting, including at least one year with an international organization and/or public sector.
• Experience working with international development partners (bilateral and/or multilateral), in particular the UN system is desirable;
• Experience with website development, content creation and management for large international organizations;
• Practical experience with development of the web-based systems using Microsoft SharePoint, PHP or ColdFusion and SQL. Knowledge of others Web development techniques is an asset;
• Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems;
• Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills and should also be culturally and politically sensitive in the work with counterparts and be able to work at all levels. Experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft (Atlas).
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.