The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board (WCFCB) is a social security scheme responsible for compensating workers in respect of accidents suffered and diseases contracted during the course of employrnent in accordance with the provisions of the Workers’ Cornpensation Act No. 10 of 1999 of the Laws of Zambia.
The Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position:
A. JOB PURPOSE
LEGAL COUNSEL (x 1)
To provide the requisite legal advice to the Board and Workers Compensation Fund Control Board management on legal matters governing the Fund aimed at ensuring strict compliance with the Law.
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides legal advice to the Board and management and ensures that the interests of the Board are protected.
- Initiates court proceedings such as the preparation of cases/summons and witnesses. Conducts cases in the courts of justice, prepares final judgments and presses for recovery or assessment/ property/ pensions payments made in error/ obtained under false pretences.
- Examines critically the circumstances of property, disability claims and any other infringements ofthe law in order to ascertain the facts
- Analyses and studies appropriate law codes, statutes, regulations, previous decisions (precedents) in order to determine applicable law, correlates the findings and formulates and formulated pleadings or cases for prosecu tions and/or advises on the correct interpretation of the Workers’ Compensation Act.
- Collaborates with Board external lawyers and other partners to ensure that all legal transactions meet Board requirements.
C. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Candidates must have the following:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credits or better which should include English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Law (LLB) and admission to the bar.
- Masters Degree in Law or any Business field or any Social Science.
- At least five (5) years’ experience in a similar role.
- Member of the Law Assoclation of Zambia (LAZ)
- Well developed and high level organisation skills.
- Time management.
- Interpersonal skills of a high standard.
- Ability to keep up-to-date with legislative and policy changes.
- Self-motivation and initiatlve.
- Adaptability to computer systems as operated by the organisation from time to time and an awareness of relevant technological applications.
- Relationship management
- Decision making
- Corporate Citizenship
- Oral Communication Skills;
- Written Communication Skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Numerical/ Computation Skills;
- Problem Solving Skills; and
- Leadership skills
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae with traceable referees, certified copies of all relevant academic and Professional certificates, copy of National Registration Card (NRC) or Passport to support your application with contact details indicating day time telephone/mobile numbers should be submitted to the following address later than 16th October, 2020.
Manager – Human Resources and Administration
Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
Corner Broadway / Moffat Road
P.O. Box 71534