Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited (ChWSSC), is the Utility Company based in Northern and Muchinga Provinces of Zambia providing water and sanitation services under the provision of the Water and Sanitation Act No. 28 of 1997.
The vision of the Company is be “National Best in Water Supply and Sanitation Services” and whose mission is to “Sustainably provide quality Water Supply and Sanitation Services to the satisfaction of the customer while embracing innovation and stakeholder support”
To achieve this, the company endeavors to ensure that it has the adequate staff with the right skills.
The Company now invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following vacancy:
INTERNAL AUDITOR- SALARY GRADE CMS-4
Responsible for conducting audits across various departments in order to ensure adherence to internal controls and consumer compliance. Assists the Head-Audit and Risk Services to supervise and guide assigned officers within the department.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Audit Services Head in preparing the annual audit work plan and the audit strategy.
- Participate in preparation and consolidation of the departmental budget in order to facilitate acquisition and allocation of resources
- Make recommendations to the Head-Audit and Risk Services on reviews to the Audit Strategy, Audit Policies and Procedures to enhance the workflow in the department
- Conduct independent and objective planned, follow up, ad hoc and forensic audit assignments in accordance with the audit procedures and terms of reference
- Issue audit reports and working papers with recommendations on internal controls, consumer compliance and corporate governance systems and make recommendations to strengthen observed deficiencies in policies, procedures and system processes.
- Supervise and coach subordinates in conducting planned, follow up, ad hoc and forensic audits including report writing, case management, working papers security and records management
- Educate and guide auditees by disseminating basis of risk profiling and risk rating.
- Undertakes timely preparation and submission of audit reports and working papers for review to the Audit and Risk Manager within the prescribed reporting timeline
- Participate in the development of the risk and disaster management plan in order to facilitate risk identification and implementation of the risk response strategy.
- Coordinate with the Auditor General’s office and External Auditors and advise the Head-Audit and Risk on any issues for escalation to the board and management
- Ensure that individual performance targets, skills assessment and development targets are set, and appraisals undertaken with the supervisors in accordance with the performance management timelines in order to enhance individual and organizational performance.
- Ensure that performance targets, skills assessment and development targets are set, and appraisals undertaken with subordinates in accordance with the performance management timelines in order to enhance individual and organizational performance
- Prepare accurate routine Internal Audit and special reports required by management and the board on a monthly/ quarterly and annual basis.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 (Form V) School Certificate including Math & English.
- Full professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CIMA, ZICA, CA-Zambia or its equivalent.
- Member of ZICA /ACCA /CIMA, Institute of Internal Audit
- Master of Finance/MBA is an added advantage or its equivalent.
- Proven Business Knowledge and practical experience in an engineering industry or Company.
- 4 years ‘work experience as an Internal Auditor or similar role, preferably in auditing/controlling or closely related field is highly desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 17th September, 2021. ChWSSC provides equal employment opportunities and those who meet the above qualifications and are interested can forward their application letters, CVs and certified copies of their Academic and Professional Qualifications to:
The Director-Human Resources Administration
Chambeshi Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
P.O. Box 410397
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia