Jobs at:Northrise University
Deadline of this Job:
03 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are looking for dedicated and innovative professionals who are passionate about making a significant and positive contribution to the education sector in Zambia. If you are such an individual possessing necessary qualifications and competencies, you are encouraged to apply for the position:
Job Purpose and Required Skills:
• Teaching fundamental undergraduate and graduate Software Engineering and Computer Science courses.
• Assistance with administration of the undergraduate and graduate Center of ICT programs.
• Highly professional with ability to work to strict deadlines.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to work with minimum supervision.
1. Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
2. Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
3. Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
4. Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to lab assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
5. Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
6. Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
7. Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
8. Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
9. Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom and lab. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
10. Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via phone or e-mail.
11. Creates an interactive classroom environment.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and experience
• Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
• At least two years college-level teaching and industry experience.
All applicants should submit a typed cover letter of not more than two pages that clearly states the position applied for; the academic and professional qualifications they possess; and the major achievements in their previous and/or current job. Furthermore, the Curriculum vitae should be current, not more than five pages long, clearly state the duration(s) and nature of their past and current work experience; and include at least four traceable referees.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to. Additionally, all shortlisted applicants will be required to present certificates of verification/validation of all their academic and professional qualifications from the Zambia Qualifications Authority during the interviews.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
All applications should be received by the undersigned by 14th December to:
Human Resource Officer
30029 Kitwe-Ndola Dual Carriage Highway
P O Box 240271
Email at: [email protected]