HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER x 1
- A high level of oral and written communication skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills, particularly in relation to dealing with all levels of employees within the organisation, and the unions.
- Computer literacy in the suite of Microsoft Office applications.
Negotiation & Conflict Resolution:
- Ability to think strategically.
- Sound ability to deal with conflict situations in a rational and constructive manner.
- Sound analytical ability to identify and analyse problems and formulate and implement appropriate courses of action.
- Proven negotiating and advocacy skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure, respond quickly to requests and achieve effective results within given and at times tight time frames.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in response to organisational and operational change and develop creative solutions to problems.
- Significant knowledge of the Industrial Relations Act, and human resource, management & the prevailing labour regulations.
- Sound knowledge of Industrial and Employee Relations theory, principles, policies & practices.
- Sound knowledge of the legislative framework within which industrial relations operates, within Zambia.
- Knowledge of, and strong commitment to, the principles of human resource management and administration & Disciplinary & Grievance Procedures.
- Attend all Union meetings to ensure that burning issues are addressed and make recommendations to Management.
- Preparation of all collective bargaining documentation and minutes of the negotiation & communication meetings
- Submission of all collective bargaining documents to Ministry of Labour (minutes of the negotiation meetings, collective agreements for approval)
- Advise Line Management on all disciplinary issues
- Attend all disciplinary enquiries and cause to, or take minutes of the proceedings
- Attend all Appeal hearing meetings and cause to, or take minutes of the proceedings
- Guide line management during disciplinary enquiries to ensure that decisions reached are in line with the Company disciplinary procedure and the labour laws.
- Ensure that all disciplinary and appeal hearing documentation are properly filed for future reference.
- Attend to and submit all labour queries/ requirements to the Labour office.
- Attend to all employees’ grievances and dispute or conflict resolution
- Interpretation of the conditions of employment
- Interpretation of the collective agreement to the employees and ensure compliance.
- Report to the management
- Works and liaises with a broad range of people within the Company, the partner Trade Unions and public sector agencies and other organisations.
- May be required to co-ordinate recruitment – end to end, including induction and on-boarding of new recruits
- Diploma/ Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Candidate must be willing to be based on site on a 6 days on: 1 day off schedule; subject to adjustment in line with operational demands.