An international freight forwarding Company with 170 employees, located in Ndola is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of: –
To provide input towards development of Human Resource strategies, policies and procedures, overseeing payroll and reward programmes as well as managing workplace safety initiatives.
- Provide advice to Divisional /Departmental Managers on HR best practices in order to promote consistency in the implementation of HR Policies and procedures.
- Ensure continuous job analysis for the purpose of maintaining updated role profiles for all the positions in the Company.
- Establish and maintain recruitment, selection and promotional procedures, to ensure that the most suitable candidate for employment is selected.
- Provide legal advice to Management on relevant labour laws, statutory instruments and employment practices so as to ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Interpret the Disciplinary Code of Conduct and Grievance procedures to ensure fair and timely handling of all employees.
- Coordinate training activities to ensure that all the training and development plans are well implemented according to the established policies and procedures.
- Investigate occupational related accidents or diseases and prepare relevant reports as provided for under the Workers Compensation Act 2019.
- Promote effective communication at all levels between the company and its stakeholders to ensure effective industrial relations.
- Manage the company HRIS and maintain updated HR records in smart HR.
- To ensure compliance with safety regulations and standards in the workplace.
Qualifications, skills and Experience Required:
- Grade 12 School Certificate.
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or related discipline.
- Masters Degree in a related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience at senior level.
- Excellent knowledge of the current Zambian Labour Laws.
- Computer Literate with practical knowledge of MS Office Applications.
- Must be a Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management with a valid practicing certificate.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Good command of both oral and written communication.
Method of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should email their applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of their Academic and Professional qualification certificates to this email below:
Applications must be addressed to: The Human Resource Consultant, Ndola.
Only shortlisted candidates who meet the above stated qualifications will be contacted.