Reports to: Managing Director
To be responsible for the overall management of DBZ’s liquidity, provision of third-party credit risk mitigation to lenders, and mobilisation of resources from both domestic and international financial markets.
- Leads the formulation, development and implementation of the Treasury and Partnership Directorate strategy in support of DBZ’s goals and in response to emerging trends or client/ customer needs;
- Monitors economic and market trends developments and anticipate the potential impact on DBZ’s financial soundness and proactively recommends appropriate strategies, policies and actions to ensure the achievement of long and medium-term financial targets.
- Leverages the DBZ’s assets available for potential securitization to secure finances at competitive market rates from domestic capital markets in line with established policies, procedures, and risk parameters;
- Ensures the capital of the Bank is compliant with central bank regulations;
- Advise and support Management in formulating appropriate treasury policies in line with the Bank of Zambia regulations, international standards, and best practices;
- Defines, evaluates and/or reviews internal control frameworks and mechanisms for all treasury transactions in line with the Bank of Zambia, international best practices, and governance principles;
- Develops and implements the strategy for the credit guarantee scheme;
- Updates and implements the Partnerships and Resource Mobilization Strategy.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with 5 “O” levels, credits or better including English and Mathematics.
- Degree in Economics, Accounting/ Finance/ Business Administration, Investment Management or business-related fields, or ACCA/CIMA or equivalent.
- A Master’s Degree in a business-related field is an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years relevant post-qualifying work experience at senior management level.
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit application letters, enclosing their curriculum vitae and certified copies of their certificates to: The Managing Director, Development Bank of Zambia, P.O Box 33955, Lusaka. The closing date for receiving applications is 8th January 2021, and envelopes should be clearly marked with the position being applied for.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]