The Head- FinTech Legal, Risk & Compliance holds multiple portfolios that complement the overall Regulatory, Enterprise Risks, Compliance Frameworks of the Fintech Business. As a pivotal strategic role within the MFS environment, the responsible will be required to support the MD- Fintech drive all internal and external compliances, safeguard interests of the Business through all Legal means necessary and further, drive Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance Frameworks.
The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that all legal & statutory demands are duly complied with. This includes but not limited to management of litigations and disputes and is the primary manager for all IP rights;
· Liaison point with all external parties, regulators, industry bodies to ensure that all regulatory requirements, corporate governance requirements and brand building activities are as per guidelines. Zero tolerance to all & any non-compliance.
· Drives the strategic framework of Enterprise Risks and Compliance. Effectively manages risk exposures, drives entity level controls and, implement internal and external compliances that will result in enhancement of Risk Appetite and Business Growth;
- Drives Controls within FinTech functions, including implementation of Risk Management, Controls, tools and systems to effectively identify, measure, monitor and report;
· Drives Ethical practices, Disciplinary Committees and enhances Fraud Free culture;
· Close liaison for support and guidance from General Manager- Regulatory and Legal, and General Manager- Risk and Compliance- MTN Zambia and Group Functions.
· Grade 12 certificate with 5 credits or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
· Minimum of 4-year degree in Law, Bachelors in Law (Hons), Business Administration (specialisation- Legal, Risks, Regulatory affairs, Economics, or related field);
· Master of Law, Master’s in Business Administration, or relevant Master’s degree is advantageous
· Relevant certification / accreditation / membership with professional body as required;
· A minimum of 6 to 9 years’ total experience in a similar position;
· Experience in Fintech, banking or other financial Institutions or Regulatory & Legal & Risk Management domains preferred;
· Experience in advising on matters, transactions and legal/regulatory issues relating to Fintech, Mobile Money products;
· Experience managing and negotiating complex or sophisticated commercial transactions, including transactions involving multiple jurisdictions;
· Risk & Compliance Management, Process & Control Management within a FinTech or Banking environment exposure;
· Experience drafting and negotiating transactions involving the procurement, development, licensing and support of technology products and services, and intellectual property.
To apply for this job please visit mtnzambia.zohorecruit.com .