Head Branch Support – ZNBS 3, Head Office
To plan, coordinate and manage the general Banking and Mortgage operations of the Society’s branches in order to provide quality services to customers and thereby contribute to the financial viability of the Society and oversee the operations of the department and liaise with all other departments to ensure seamless Banking and Mortgage operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop the operational plan and ensure the seamless operation of all Branches and Units in the Directorate.
- To ensure that the Directorate operates according to policies and procedures in place, and that the Directorate operational objectives are set and is always audit ready.
- To monitor operations of branches to ensure that they operate profitably on a month-to-month basis so as to achieve or exceed the agreed performance targets for each branch thereby sustaining the Society’s financial viability.
- To ensure all branches maintain a high standard of operational efficiency by conducting regular control checks on all processes, Know your Customer (KYC) and other control requirements.
- To ensure that customer experience and complaints handling procedures are in place and are working efficiently.
- To receive monthly branch operational reports and consolidate them for onward submission to the Director Banking and Mortgage.
- To prepare monthly and quarterly budgetary performance review reports in order to contribute to the attainment of the objectives of the Society.
- To agree, monitor and review performance of subordinates to ensure that they meet their performance objectives
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Banking & Finance, Economics, Business Administration, ACCA or CIMA or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience at managerial or similar level
- Previous experience in a similar role in a retail bank or financial institution will be an added advantage.
Required Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Good negotiation skills
- High level of analytical ability
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Good command of computer skills
Appropriately qualified and interested candidates meeting the above credentials must submit application letters enclosing a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), traceable referees and copies of academic/professionalqualifications to the undersigned by Tuesday 7 th December 2021 17:00 hours with the position applied for clearly marked on the envelope.
The Director Human Resources
Zambia National Building Society
Century House, 3 rd Floor, Cairo Road
P O Box 30420
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.