- Company: DAI Global LLC
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS – APPLICATIONS THAT DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS LISTED AT THE END OF THIS SCOPE OF WORK WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The five-year (2020-2025) USAID Local Impact Governance Activity (Local Impact) will help Zambia build up a sub-national system of governance for devolved service delivery more responsive to citizen needs. The program will engage national and sub-national authorities to expand the capabilities of district-level governance bodies to deliver sustainable development outcomes, increase effective citizen and private-sector involvement in development planning and monitoring, and improve public financial management and domestic revenue generation.
The activity will work toward three objectives:
- Objective 1: Citizens improve their collective skills to effectively assess service-delivery needs and performance and constructively engage with government.
- Objective 2: The sub-national governance system becomes more responsive to citizen needs, generates, and accountably expends revenue, and improves service-delivery outcomes.
- Objective 3: The program generates learning and facilitates problem solving that supports the development of an effective, financially viable sub-national governance system for devolved services, capable of being scaled up throughout Zambia.
PURPOSE The Grants Manager will lead the design and implementation of the project’s grants portfolio in compliance with USAID and DAI rules and regulations.
- Provides procedures and policy training, guidance, and interpretation for program staff as well as grantees, in consultation with the DAI Contracts Manager as appropriate
- Analyzes and evaluates grant applications, proposals and awards to ensure adherence to grants management policies
- Ensures compliance with approved Grants Manual, referenced USAID regulations and policies, DAI policies and procedures, systems, and internal controls
- Ensures proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grants
- Reviews and analyzes budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency
- Develops the local Impact Grants Manual in coordination with COP and DAI Home Office for USAID approval
- Identifies and suggests improvements to DAI grants management procedures throughout the project to be more effective and efficient in preventing, detecting, identifying, and correcting noncompliance with applicable rules and regulations
- Ensures post-award management in accordance with the relevant regulations, including but not limited to reporting, audits, etc. in accordance with USAID directives and policies
- Recommends innovative approaches to encourage an impact driven grants program
- Ensures grants are processed in a timely manner
- Develops and builds the capacity of local organizations and grantees to ensure successful implementation and compliance with the grant agreement, as well as to support their sustainable development as an organization.
- Works with the technical team to coordinate the identification, solicitation, and selection process of eligible grantees.
- Analyzes and evaluates grant applications and concept papers and serves as the non-voting Chairperson for grant application selection committees.
- Maintains grant records in DAI systems, and develops and works with the technical team to customize systems and reporting tools as required
- Submits progress and status reports as required
- Ensures proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for grant agreements, ensures the proper type of grant selected, and reviews and selects the correct standard provisions
- Provides guidance in the implementation of grants, including closure and disposition plans
- Troubleshoots grants management challenges with grantees, technical staff, and the COP as requested/as needed
- Co-supervises the Grants/Procurement Officer, to ensure they are in compliance with the Grants Manual, are effectively and thoroughly using the TAMIS systems for grants and procurement, that they have the quality control tools to do their jobs, and that they are given routine performance feedback
- Provides leave of absence cover for staff as required
- Escalates any issues to his/her supervisor immediately
- Prepared to travel to project provincial offices as required
- Performs any other duties as assigned
PLACE OF PERFORMANCE AND REPORTING
- The position will be based in the Local Impact Activity’s main office in Lusaka, Zambia and will report to the Finance and Operations Director
- There may be some travel to provincial offices
- University degree in relevant field required
- 8+ years of relevant experience in grants design and administration, as well as prior experience in the award and administration of subcontracts
- Significant experience at a senior level of Contract Management and Grants Management policies and procedures on USAID-funded projects required
- Fluency in English is required
- Ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands & inquiries
- Demonstrated exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally)
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent procurements
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and appropriate professional image
- Use the URL provided in the advertisement to apply
- Applications must be received before the closing date
- Only short-listed candidates will be notified
- No phone inquiries