The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Zambia Country Office seeks to recruit a proficient and self-motivated individual in the position Grant Accountant to be based in Lusaka.
Reporting to the Project Finance Specialist, the incumbent will ensure support the delivery of conservation impact on through the provision of financial management support for projects implemented by the Zambia Country Office, including budget development and monitoring, producing timely and quality donor reports and reconciliation of projects and their close out. Ensure projects are implemented in compliance with both country and WWF regulations as well as specific donor requirements. Works closely with Project Staff and Sub-grantee finance staff to ensure that efficient accounting and finance systems exist that will accord maximum support to the project team as well as act as a platform for providing sound financial information to management and donors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A university degree in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Commerce, Business Administration or other related fields
- Full professional accounting qualification i.e. CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Over 3 years working experience preferably in a major international organisation/NGO.
- Demonstrable skills in the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures and systems in the context of an international NGO.
- Good knowledge of project fund accounting including reporting requirements of major bi-lateral Aid Agencies.
- Hands-on knowledge of Oracle accounting software would be a distinct advantage
Skills and Competencies:
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Excel software.
- Knowledge of staff supervision and general administration/operations is required for in this job. Good understanding of the key principles and practices including knowledge of the relevant employment legislation in Zambia is desirable.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English.
- Ability to promote team synergy in a multi-cultural work environment.
- Experience managing grants of major donors including EU and USAID and understanding their rules is a plus
- Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants membership is a must.
Method of Application
Email a cover letter and CV indicating position applied for to the email below:
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity Employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce