- Company: The Nature Conservancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The Financial Analyst provides highly specialized financial & accounting-related services to the Africa Region Program.
The Financial Analyst provides highly specialized services in one or more of the following functions: proposal budget development; financial analysis and reporting; support and design field financial management processes; accounting; management controls and reporting; or similar financial activities for the Africa Region Business Unit. Exemplifies a high level of expertise in area(s) of specialization of reporting, proposals, analysis and systems innovation. Administers and maintains finance/accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies and procedures and best practices in financial/organizational management. The Financial Analyst provides assistance to all levels of personnel in their specialty area. Responds to complex operational and employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of the subject area with solutions. The financial Analyst will report to the Finance Manager, Africa region. This position will be based in any of the TNC offices in Tanzania or Kenya.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
- Professional certification such as a CPA or ACCA.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Experience in manipulating, analyzing and interpreting data. Advanced expertise in Microsoft Excel required.
- Experience with complex relational databases. Knowledge of Microsoft’s Power BI application is preferred.
- Experience in full cost budgeting.
- Experience in supporting multiple projects in various locations and/or countries.
- Demonstrated innovations in financial systems and tools.