Jobs at:First Quantum Minerals
Deadline of this Job:
27 October 2021
Within Zambia , Kalumbila , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Thursday, October 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Overall Job Purpose
To support financial decision-making by collecting, analyzing, investigating and reporting financial data, tracking costs back to underlying activities, and designing cost-effective data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of financial and costing information to management.
Specific Job Responsibilities
• Be responsible for maintaining the company’s ledger and accounting records as required by the Zambian laws and company policies.
• Construct data accumulation systems for a cost accounting system.
• Prepare budgets and forecasts and perform monthly reviews of actual performance against the budgets and forecasts.
• Investigate cost variances to determine the causes and implement corrective action.
• Prepare monthly statements by collating financial data; analyzing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information and trends.
• Work closely with Section Leads and Head of Department (HOD) in the budgeting and cost review processes to ensure efficient and cost-effective use of the Company’s resources.
• Prepare quarterly and annual statements.
• Comply with tax return requirements and other statutory obligations required by the Zambian laws;
• Respond to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
• Update job knowledge by keeping current with financial regulations and accepted practices.
• Design and implement internal controls to safeguard the company’s assets and maintain accurate accounting records.
• Be the point of contact for financial reviews and audits by the company’s internal and external auditors.
• Provide advice to internal stakeholders on financial and costings matters.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Job Specific Competencies
• Knowledge of existing laws and regulations the company must comply with.
• Analytical skills
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Budgeting and forecasting skills
• Effective communication skills
• Accounting and Auditing skills
• Data manipulation skills (e.g. conversant with MS Excel)
Key Job Attributes
• High levels of integrity and ethics
• Must be detail-oriented
• Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results.
• Ability to work as part of a larger team.
• Must exhibit leadership qualities.
Experience & Qualifications required to perform in this job
• At least 3 years of Accounting/Finance experience
• Has worked with an accounting system or ERP (e.g. Pronto)
• Experienced in working with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field and Full or Level 2 professional accountancy qualification (e.g. CA Zambia, ACCA, ZICA etc.)
• Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click here to apply.