Jobs at:Avencion Limited
Deadline of this Job:
04 April 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance Officer Job Advertisement
Position Title: Finance Officer (1 Position)
Reporting to: Director of Finance & Administration and The Finance Manager
Job Location: Lusaka
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Finance Officer will work with the Director of Finance & Administration and the Finance Manager to ensure payment requests received are correctly done by the procurement
• Execute transactions on an accurate and timely basis using the QuickBooks system
• To ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with the USAID project and Avencion Limited cost principles.
• The Finance Officer will be responsible for inputting financial data in the accounting system as well as management of the financial records and reports on a monthly basis.
1. Technical Implementation
• Receive and review the legitimacy of payment requests from the procurement department and invoices directly from vendors to facilitate timely payment by the project;
• Prepare documentation for all payment transactions including but not limited to vouchers, checks, and Electronic Fund Transfers in the bank platform and ensure that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained;
• Coding of all approved payment requests in accordance with the Project Chart of Accounts
• Booking of approved payments in QuickBooks;
• Reviewing and booking of training budget payments in the receivable account and process training expenditure retirements after the activity;
• Monitoring and processing of Transactions to ensure availability of funds for all program activities;
• Reviewing and processing monthly Petty cash reimbursements for Head Office and Revolving Fund reimbursements for all the Provincial offices;
• Coding all monthly statutory payroll-related payments
• Reviewing and processing staff travel advance requests and expense reports within stipulated timeframe;
• Maintain the project’s accounting filing system to ensure all vouchers are in order, properly completed and have bank slips/copy of proof of payment attached;
• Reviewing and scanning all accounting records monthly;
• Maintain the tax files for the project and keep proper records;
• Preparation of daily bank reconciliation statements to keep track of the finances for the project;
• Assisting the Finance Manager to prepare payroll for all Project staff;
• Providing advice on generally accepted accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations and Avencion regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary;
• Perform other general accounting duties as needed and other duties as may be assigned;
• Complying with all USAID, Avencion, project policies and procedures.
• Interact with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis;
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Education Qualifications, Experience and Competencies:
• MUST have previous hands-on work experience managing a USAID project upto to full reporting requirements.
• Must be a holder of an Accountancy profession, or any Finance related field;
• Bachelor of Accountancy would be an added advantage;
• 2 years of demonstrated experience and success;
• Must be a paid up member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA);
• Demonstrated knowledge and work experience of USAID financial and management systems, rules, regulations and reporting requirements;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
• Fluency in English required.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree