Finance and Admin Assistant
Jobs at:Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Finance and Admin Assistant
Introduction: Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia) is a specialist provider of legal and social services to juveniles in conflict with the law, providing legal assistance to hundreds of juveniles each year and visiting facilities across 4 provinces on a regular basis.
Role: To provide logistical & financial management support to various departments /units for efficient operations of the country Office.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Receives requisition for Procurement of goods and services from users’ departments and ensures that procurement is in a timely manner and according to Specifications.
• Provides office orientation for new employees
• Keeps updated staff files
• Timely processing of payment requests including statutory payments via voucher interface & ensure all payments are properly coded
• Collection of invoices, receipts etc and ensure that all payments & staff retirements are adequately documented.
• Data capturing in Quickbooks
• Ensure funds are properly utilized to meet project objects. · Participates in developing of budgets with the Finance Team
• Carry out reconciliations of balance sheet accounts (receivables, payables, advances, bank reconciliations, etc.) and all related expenditures.
• Assists with preparation of audit schedules, financial statements and statistical data related to the annual audit and annual financial report.
• Petty cash management
• Act as a bank agent
• Performing such acts and providing such services as may from time to time be communicated to you by the Accountant or Executive Director.
Line Management: Accountant
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement, finance, or any related field.
• Full ZICA, A degree in accounting and/or ACCA 2 or CIMA intermediate.
• Competent computer skills in MS Office & voucher interface is a must
• Experience with QuickBooks and/or managing EU projects is an advantage
• The ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
• The ability to self-manage own workload and anticipate priorities
• An approachable style of working with others to achieve successful outcomes
• Pays attentions to detail
• Preparedness to work outside normal working hours when required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] with subject line “ Finance & Admin Assistant ” by 16th July 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted