Finance & Admin Intern
Jobs at:Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia)
Deadline of this Job:
16 July 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internship Job Description:
Finance & Admin Intern
Introduction: Undikumbukire Project Zambia (UP Zambia) is a specialist provider of legal and social services to juveniles in conflict with the law, providing legal assistance to hundreds of juveniles each year and visiting facilities across 4 provinces on a regular basis.
To provide logistical & financial management support to various departments /units for efficient operations of the country Office. This internship is for a period of three months.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
• Arranging of bookings for trainings, meetings, workshops, staff travels, etc
• Support the office orientation for new employees
• Receive, count, & verify procurements, ensure all items are accounted for, and the process is properly documented
• Issuing & replenishing with proper documentation & ensuring that sufficient stock levels of office supplies are maintained
• Ensure teams are adequately supported in terms of supplies, transport etc. especially teams operating away from the office.
• Support in managing in-kind donations received
• Maintain an organized staff pick up & travel schedule 2. Financial Management
• Assist with logging & filling of documents, personal files, payments & staff retirements etc
• Timely receipting & banking of cash received
• Checking & review of staff float retirements.
• Track all staff floats, make follow ups & ensure that they are retired on time.
• Updating & maintaining the Company’s asset register & ensure proper handover of equipment by staff separating
• Assist in preparing all documentation for the annual audit.
• Act as a bank agent
• Performing such acts and providing such services as may from time to time be communicated to you by the Accountant or Executive Director.
Line Management: Accountant
Skills, Experience & Personal Attributes:
• Diploma or bachelor’s degree Accounting and or Business Administration
• Knowledge in stock management will be an added advantage
• Strong organizational skills & detail oriented
• Strong time management skills
• Must be able to work with little supervision & as part of a team
• Strong knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, send a covering letter and CV to [email protected] with subject line “ Finance & Admin Intern ” by 16th July 2021 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.