Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Environmental Advisor.
Reporting to the Environmental Management System Coordinator , your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Maintaining of an effective Environmental Management System to ISO 14001 standard within the organization and contractors on site
- Ensure alignment with the Barrick Environmental Standards (Water Conservation and Incident Reporting and Investigations)
- Coordinate all environmental monitoring programmes.
- Coordination and monitor rehabilitation and closure plans and strategies.
- Ensure environmental obligations are understood and accountable for ensuring compliance to Mining environmental obligations.
- Development, Implementation, Coordination and monitoring of a Climate Change strategy and action plan, (including energy policy).
- Environmental monitoring data synthesis, analysis, and reporting.
- Ensure timely reporting of incidents/on-conformances and entering IsoMetrix
- On time completion of all reports and close out of actions.
- Daily collection and reporting on all Meteorological Data on Site and upload onto Data Base
- Conduct environmental inspections
- Any other duties that may be assigned.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Science or Engineering from a recognized University. Chemical or hydrology engineers are also encouraged to apply
- Ability to use data management software’s including EquiS and Isometrix, Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of at least 2 years post qualification experience, experience considered an advantage within the Mining Industry in the environmental section
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
- Detailed knowledge of LMC’s HSE Systems and promotes a culture of safety and productivity and loss prevention.
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
- Demonstrated ability to improve a department’s safety awareness.
- High level understanding of all relevant legislation affecting the employment and safety of persons in the mining industry in Zambia.
- Experience in managing department costs and budgeting
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks .
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com .