Jobs at:Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Friday, June 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Zambia National Broadcasting Corporation (ZNBC) is a Statutory Body established under Chapter 154 of the laws of Zambia to provide public service broadcasting services in Zambia.
“To provide Broadcasting Services in order to inform, Educate and Entertain the public”
“To be the preferred Broadcaster”
The Corporation is now seeking highly qualified, self motivated and creative individuals to fill the following positions: Director General, Director Finance, Director Human Resource & Administration and Director Programmes to be based at Head Office in Lusaka.
Job Purpose :
To direct, manage and coordinate all financial aspects of the Corporation’s strategy as well as to effectively manage all financial tasks in order to ensure financial viability and availability of up to date financial information to the Board, Director General and Senior Management for timely decision making and that all reporting requirements are met for all stakeholders.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the formulation, implementation and monitoring of the Finance and Accounting strategy and the related annual work plans.
• Conducts financial planning and controls through Budget preparation, monitoring and implementation.
• Develops and maintains timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with
• International Financial Reporting Standards and tax regulations.
• Ensures timely preparation of quarterly management accounts for Board presentation and Management control to inform stakeholders about the Corporation’s financial performance in order to facilitate effective and efficient decision making.
• Conducts financial appraisal of capital projects in order to ensure value for money investments and achieve optimal financing and seeks out methods and practices to minimize financial risk by implementing investment policies in line with Board policy guidelines so that acceptable returns are earned on all investment portfolios undertaken, including recommendation of divestment options.
• Manages the acquisition of capital assets and ensures that assets are properly recorded, amortized and disposed of as appropriate and adequately accounts for the assets in order to safeguard public property.
• Ensures compliance to tax regulations, accounting standards, policies and procedures in accounting for financial transactions.
• Provides overall supervision and leadership of the subordinates through interventions such as coaching, motivating, developing and disciplining staff.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Personal Attributes
• Full Grade 12 school certificate
• Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• CA Zambia, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification
• Over Ten years experience, Five of which should be at Senior
• Management level
• Highly organised professional, reliable, discrete and ability to multitask
• Result oriented with an eye for detail and accuracy
• A member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
o Strategic business planning, problem solving, emotional intelligence, analytical skills and good Interpersonal skills
• Superior knowledge of accounting policies and procedures
o Excellent Communication and Negotiating Skills with Strong Leadership and managerial ability
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Zambian Nationals meeting the above requirements should apply giving two traceable work and professional references, enclosing photocopies of certified academic and professional certificates, latest resume and a contact phone number to:
The Board Chairperson ZNBC Board of Directors P O Box 50015
Mass Media Complex
All applicants will be appreciated for interest shown to join the Corporation but only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Closing date for receipt of application letters is Tuesday, 7th June, 2022 at 17.00 hours