Director Credit Control & Risk Management
Jobs at:Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Deadline of this Job:
16 August 2021
Within Zambia , Lusaka , South - Central Africa
Date Posted: Monday, August 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission is inviting suitably qualified employees of the Commission to apply for the position of Director Credit Control & Risk Management.
Reporting to the Director General, the Director Credit Control & Risk Management directs and manages the Credit Control and Risk Management Directorate of the Commission.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and implement robust credit and risk management systems at the Commission that efficiently and effectively respond to the enterprise risks of the Commission, including maintaining an up-to-date Risk Register;
• Develop and implement a Credit Risk and Procedures Manual;
• Develop and implement a Risk Policy and Procedures manual;
• Develop and implement a robust Credit Control and Risk Management Information System that provides timely information to both internal and external stakeholders, including a reliable and secure filing system for the Directorate and its various units and projects;
• Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate;
• Generate terms of reference for Credit and Risk Managers;
• Work closely with Credit and Risk Managers on the software used in processing of loans as well as the extraction of reports;
• Monitor the disbursement of funds on agreed terms with Credit and Risk Managers to support the delivery of empowerment products;
• Monitor credit and risk management performance through meetings, requests, audits and client visits;
• Ensure development of adequate term sheets, loan and grant agreements for beneficiaries;
• Ensure consistent and accurate communication with financial institutions that do credit and grant management business with the Commission;
• Advise Management on loan and grant beneficiaries to be recommended to the Board;
• Advise management on un-utilized f Empowerment Funds to be invested;
• Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedule and work plans;
• Ensure compliance with applicable policies, laws, regulations and performance requirements.
• Prepare strategic documents, work plans and budgets of or incidental to the Credit Control and Risk Management Directorate;
• Prepare quarterly and annual reports, as well as other reports of or incidental to the Credit Control and Risk Management Directorate; and
• Appraise staff performance, identify skill gaps and recommend training/capacity building.
Qualifications and Skills
• Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
• Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance, Banking or relevant related fields
• Masters Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Finance, Banking or relevant related fields
• Strong relationship management, communication, and presentation skills
• Understanding of legal, regulatory compliance and risk governance frameworks
• A strong sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting multiple challenging deadlines and achieving critical goals
• Ability to maintain a high level view of risk and compliance to promote broad understanding of implications of control weakness and acts of non-compliance
• Monitor the management information system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
At least 10 years relevant working experience in credit management in a bank, micro credit financial institution or equivalent lending institutions of which 5 years should be senior credit management level.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit application letters enclosing their Curriculum Vitae and copies of both academic and professional certificates to the Director General Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission, not later than 16 August 2021 at 17 hours.
*The applications must be submitted in a sealed envelope indicating the position being applied for.
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068