Woodford School Lusaka is a beautiful purpose built and co-education private school operating in Lusaka`s Kabulonga area. Our education service provides a 21st century learning experience to learners starting from Nursery up to Grade Seven (7).
Woodford School Lusaka has rapidly grown to be one of the most respected names in the Zambian education sector, serving the Lusaka community with a consistent record of outstanding academic achievement for examination classes. Our philosophy for education is built upon intrinsic African values of inclusivity, nurturing the high aspirations of every child, and the holistic development of all learners. ‘Imiti Ikula Empanga’ is our motto, and this belief permeates through every aspect of life at our school. We aim to provide an enriching learning environment that empowers learners with appropriate skills, knowledge and understanding of a fast-changing world.
Woodford School Lusaka is a part of Rhodes Park Schools Group, a leading provider of private education in Zambia. Our schools enjoy membership to Independent Schools Association of Zambia (ISAZ), which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and continuous professional development.
As an equal opportunity employer, Woodford School Lusaka requires the services of suitably qualified, well-motivated and results driven candidate to be appointed in the positions of Deputy Head Teacher.
Supporting the Head teacher to ensure effective learning and teaching through the provision and delivery of a modern, broad, balanced, and cutting-edge curriculum in the Primary Section of the School. A track record of outstanding teaching, whole school pastoral experience, and the ability to mentor colleagues is vital.
- To assist in setting direction for the school to enable all learners to reach their potential, and to translate a vision into a whole school curriculum with consistency and high expectations.
- To support the Head Teacher in conducting employee performance management and ensure that plans to monitor and mentor teachers are effected.
- To support in the recruitment and orientation process of new staff and provide input into the staff welfare initiatives, and, once agreed, support implementation.
- To monitor curriculum, teaching, learning, and work with teachers and make recommendations for modifying them as needed.
- Monitor the progress of pupils throughout the year, identifying gaps and any underachievement (through book scrutinies, planning checks, observation, discussion with pupils etc.).
- To manage teaching and learning to ensure that there is a high degree of consistency and innovation in teaching practices to enable personalized learning for all students.
- To support in developing the annual school budget and administer the approved budget and school resources to ensure budgetary and cost control measures are observed in the delivery of education services.
- To maintain communication with the school authorities, parents, and community (local authorities, government agencies and wider Independent Schools community).
- To undertake the professional duties of the Head teacher, in the event of her absence from the school to enable continuity in professional leadership and management of the school.
- Provide regular feedback for colleagues in a way that recognizes good practice and supports their progress against professional and performance management objectives resulting in a tangible impact on students learning.
Preferred Professional Qualifications:
- The applicant for the role should hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits and above
- Qualified teacher registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ)
- Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Education Leadership and Management will be an added advantage
- Flexible and transparent, with a high aptitude for technology in the Classroom
- At least 6 years’ primary school teaching experience
- Should have good counselling and communication skills
- Must be familiar with the primary school pathways of Examinations Council of Zambia (ECZ), experience with IPC curriculum will be an advantage
Special Skills/ Competencies:
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills
- Must hold high levels of integrity and professionalism
- Has high expectations for children and themselves
- Has a passion for raising standards and attainment
- An excellent role model for the staff and children within the school
Method of Application
If you meet the requirements, please send all your Applications together with Vacancy Details to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at e-mail:
NB: Only Successful Candidates will be contacted.